Chapter 5: Flying Thunder God Technique!

Once again, the Academy's results were out, and it was as Sakura expected. Similar events played out.

Naruto's lack of mastery in the most basic clone technique lead to him failing to qualify as a Gennin.

It was at his lowest point did a certain teacher find him. Giving him a 'special exam' to qualify him.

"Naruto, I have a special test for you." The sly man approached. From afar, Sakura watched as Mizuki-sensei, a man holding a giant shuriken on his back, baited her friend into stealing a particular scroll.

One that hid many classified Jutsu of the village.

She couldn't directly interfere in this matter, as without some suffering, a person wouldn't grow.

She knew Naruto's Will of Fire well, but also knew he was tested by many hardships before becoming the 'Lord Seventh' everyone of the future could put their hopes in. Protecting him too much was bad.

It was better to help him when it was really needed.

Her eyes watched as Naruto stole the Hidden Leaf's most precious Ninjutsu Scroll and hid.

He sat down somewhere in a forest to secretly learn a new technique. A smile formed on Sakura's face as she heard what Naruto was muttering. He searched the scroll with a clear mind and heart.

"This year is awesome...! I can learn any Ninjutsu I want? Eh, a lot of these are too complicated.

What about a kind of Clone Technique... Oh! What's this? 'Shadow Clones'?." It looks like there was a reason Naruto didn't learn super Jutsus other than this Jhonin level signature technique.

Learning a higher level technique required sufficient familiarity and resonances to the skill.

It was similar to how the regular Clone Technique just wasn't meshing well with him, but this one did.

Making learning it easier.

"Naruto, what are you doing?" Sakura appeared behind him like a ghost, which scared the youth.

"Argh!" The knucklehead ninja was so shocked, he did a few barrel rolls forward after hearing her.

It was only after recognising her did he calm down.

Turning with a sigh...

"Sakura... Why are you here?" Mizuki had told him that this was a special test mace just for him

The teacher of course made sure to tell him not to tell anyone else about it. To be on the safe side.

The only reason it worked was because of the position the kid was in. It wasn't that Naruto was brainless, it was blind faith he had in his teachers that lead him to be conned so badly like this.

"I was walking about and happened to see you trying to learn a new Ninjutsu, can I learn one as well? If you want, I can even help you learn that Multi Shadow Clone Technique." Sakura offered kindly, which made the kid extremely excited!

Deciding not to sweat the small stuff, he let her in on his secret examination. Telling her all about it.

"With this, I can definitely pass the exam!" Naruto quickly learnt the Shadow Clone Jutsu faster than he did in the original timeline with her help.

In fact, he even learnt the 'Wind Clone Detonation Jutsu' from Sakura after learning that he could fuse his Shadow Clones with his basic mastery over Wind Release through her guidance.

Though this was still a technique that couldn't be used in battle yet. He wasn't proficient just yet.

"...Why are you helping me so much?" Although the kid was an idiot, he wasn't completely hopeless.