Chapter 9: Team 7, Assemble!

Once their break was up and they returned to the Academy, they learned that students had been split up into teams that would be managed by one Johnin each. Acting as a mentor and instructor.

It was 'fortunate' that one of the teams mentioned, which went by the number of 7, had their names on it.

Naruto was visibly relieved... while Sasuke stoically shrugged his shoulders like a tsundere.

It may have been an action annoying to Naruto, but to Sakura Haruno (who had actually seen the worst of him in her future memories), this side of him was actually pretty cute~ Much better than that psycho.

This kid would almost kill her in the future?

Maybe things really did go wrong with them. She hoped she could protect his innocence this time.

So that he doesn't fall to the depths again...

In the time they spent together, even a muscle-brain like Naruto understood that he'd probably not get the affections of his crush... Sasuke had it all. A mysterious past, looks, style, and charisma...

...but what did he have?

'This lucky guy... getting all the girls!' Although Sakura didn't outright tell him she liked Sasuke, it was extremely obvious from how she treated him earlier. She definitely had feelings for him!

Of course, that was just his distorted viewpoint.

The fangirl-ing Sakura did in the past still stuck in his head. Any action she did was suggestive.

Naruto felt at a loss, but decided to use the opportunity. Using when the sensei that had been assigned to them came late to try and win her affections. Though his efforts were in vain...

"What is with this sensei, dammit! Let's prank him for messing with us!" Naruto finally couldn't take it anymore and stood up.

Sasuke expected Naruto to be the only one juvenile enough to prank a teacher, but he realised he was wrong when Sakura stood up as well.

"Let's do this! He deserves a beating! But what about you, Sasuke?" Sakura turned to the blindfolded youth behind her. The look of expectations in the duo's eyes made it hard for him to refuse their offer.

Meanwhile, Kakashi Hatake, the one assigned to train and test them as Gennin, was looking through the documents the Academy gave him that spoke of the key information about his new students.

It was only after reading them did he make his way to greet them.

However, once he opened the door, what he was greeted with was a duster falling on his head, the door activating a trap that threw chalk on his vest, and a second trap that threw a bucket of water at him activating as soon as the door was completely open...

'This is really elaborate.' Despite having his clothes ruined, he was more surprised by the trio who all clearly had a hand in what just happened. He wasn't angry at them, but instead had a higher evaluation of the team that seemed to have grew up together.

"Who is responsible for this?"

"Us!" They all spoke in unison.

"Eh... Sorry guys, I have a good reason for coming late." Kakashi spoke before cleaning himself up with some sort of transformation technique. The three of them were a little surprised that it could be used that way...

But despite saying he had a good reason, he didn't find it necessary to explain it as he sized them up.

No matter how he looked at them, the three students he was given seemed different than what he was told.