Chapyer 19: Lee Enters The Fray!

The Hidden Sand found some reliable allies in their time of poverty. The Chinoike Clan adapted fast.

As warriors and mercenaries born to fight, an empty stomach only made those of the Sand Village more colder and pragmatic. Only giving them a chance to rest would peace come to them.

The Leader of the village was also the type of man who believed ends justified the means.

He was a clear example of this ideal manifested form of fear, and it's politician... the Kazekage.

When villagers referred to him, they would rarely bring up what generation of secession he was before his title. The Kazekage of the Hidden was THE Kazekage who had absolute authority.

In the past, he was considering Orochimaru's offer and preparing for war. This was his pragmatism.

He considered other villages a nuisance.

This was due the economy of the Hidden Sand revolving around war, and them now lacking it.

Without war, how were they to live in such a barren place? There weren't any resources they could use.

It took encountering the crisis brought about by peace that warmongers started appearing in the upper echelons of the nation. As the Kazekage who held everyone's fate, he was stressed by the flow of his village's destiny being inseparable from war.

As a village that was adept in warfare using puppetry, was going to war the only option?

He had accepted this to be so.

After all, the longer time went on... the more the people he was responsible for started to starve.

The alliance between them and the Hidden Leaf became more of a chain than a life...

It was a rope there to hold them out if needed.

However, everything had changed once the Chinoike Clan entered their ranks. He had expected exorbitant demands and an unreasonable attitude from these 'Demons', but they seemed strangely friendly. Even as they worked with regular villagers.

Those strange 'Blood Fruits' and other methods of started up the economy again. It brought about a change in destiny for the Hidden Sand... and a new future even HE could look forward to.

He was happy... yet also suspicious of their intentions.

"We will have to see who this 'Pink Hair' is..." He spoke towards the old woman that had the most distrust towards the other villages. He needed someone to do reconnaissance, and she was perfect for the agenda. She put his heart at ease.

Even though the woman was a little crazy...

'No, I have to put my faith in her.' The Kazekage thought while looking at the person in question.

He hoped this decision wasn't a mistake...

Meanwhile, at Gai-sensei's training ground, Rock Lee once again left with injuries all over him...

The reason was the same as last time.

He picked a fight with Neji and got his butt cleanly handed to him. There was no shame in his loss.

"I will beat you!" Lee roared.

He trained as if he would die without a week's worth of training in one day.

Gai responded to his will, but Rock Lee knew willpower could only get one so far in life.

He wanted validation that the strength he achieved right now wasn't for nothing. There were many things he had given up to become a Shinobi like the others... He wanted to be recognised by the village as not only competent, but a 'strong' Ninja!