Chapter 16: Naruto Meets Master Jiraiya

With age, Sakura became more patient and methodological in her actions.

The girl sometimes took great risks. However, she never did anything without proper forethought.

At least, when she wasn't being dragged around by her emotions and killing intent, she was like this.

It was a mindset that was better for her situation.

One would find it hard to change the past if they kept trying to keep track of variables for the future.

Life wasn't that easy...

And yet, just knowing that the future couldn't be controlled with her limited amount of situational information from her memory (and the fact that she wasn't the most cunning) weighed her down.

Not too long ago, she made a big decision. She gave Zabuza and Haku the order to spread the information on the tests she remembered from her past, causing the Chunin Exams to be postponed.

Her plan was simple: She'd alert the Hidden Leaf and make them more suspicious in order to take away Orochimaru's chance of getting in touch with Sasuke. This was plan that seemed to achieve great success. The newspapers acting as proof.

What she intended to do with secretly take care of Orochimaru and the Akatsuki by herself in the future... after stalling them for long enough. It was a good plan, but she forgot one big variable.

And that was Kurama's intentions:

"...What the hell are you doing?"

"Making a plan on how to get together with Sakura in the future, ya know!" Naruto laughed.

He scribbled some more details onto his extended plan on how their relationship will progress.

Eating ramen together, check! Sakura actually accepting one of his heartfelt confessions, check!

"...Yeah, you might want to hang in there for... Let's say it'll take forever for your relationship with her to progress." Kurama smiled with bad intentions. He thought of the guy who was friend zoned for years.

Using the secret communication method Sakura had left with him, he had heard all about her plans and was even requested for assistance in keeping the fact that she left the village a secret.

"Get those hearts out of your eyes and listen to me for a second." In the Inner World, he shook Naruto.

The knucklehead ninja found himself dragged out from reality and into their personal mental space.

"What...?! I'm busy." He really wasn't bothered about anything Kurama had to say right now.

"This will let you become Hokage faster." The sly fox commented.

These words instantly made Naruto turn in full attention.

The extreme shift in attitude would've made Kurama speechless... if he wasn't used to this already.

"...Anyway, you need a Master now, or else you'll waste your newly acquired potential as a Ninja."

"Don't I have you?" Naruto widened his eyes.

He didn't seem to mind. The kid WAS some kind of Human Beast now. Wasn't the technique Kurama taught him cool? But if he was referring to Sakura's Master, then he was all into accepting one.

"I have no experience in 'Jutsus'. You idiot, it's time for you to learn the Rasengan from that Jiraiya boy. The one who likes those disgusting toads. It's better than relying too hard on sheer chakra reserves."

Kurama was very careful with his words. He didn't want Naruto to learn of the fact his parents had died at his hands yet. With this knucklehead's maturity, there was no doubt he might take drastic actions if there was someone to vent his loneliness.