Chapter 4: The Calm Which Was Ending

Sasuke Uchiha was a boy who once chose the path of hatred. He had rejecting the path of love.

The boy was once a child with a loving family, with friends, and people he could look up to.

However, things quickly changed when his Clan was massacred. He experienced true solitude.

The child was unlike Naruto, who could adapt this kind of world. Hated by the village as a fox spirit,

There was one who had never knew family in the early years of his childhood. And then there was one who did. His heart burned with a fiery hatred for the man who caused his life to be so lonely.

While Naruto knew nothing about why he was thought of as a monster, Sasuke was well aware who was the person responsible for his solitude and loneliness. It was his goddamn brother...!

Itachi Uchiha. A prodigy rarely ever seen.

Sasuke couldn't believe it. His world had been destroyed, and when it dawned on him that his older brother was the traitor that murdered his entire family, his Sharingan suddenly awakened.

The pain finally settled in...

However, the reason his Sharingan didn't have more tomoes than one... was because it was only after experiencing solitude after the Uchiha Tragedy that he truly knew the face of solitude.

No longer did his father be strict with him, no longer could he feel his mother's affection raining down on him... No longer could he hunt and play games with that teasing older brother of his...

His ghosts haunted him, but as the child that he was, his heart subconsciously put the things he wanted to avoid at the back of his mind. He was too weak. His revenge could only be done later.

When he was fully prepared...

Although he was motivated by hatred at first, time waned that pure fury, making his sadness over the events overpower his conviction. The hatred became a duty. Confined by his happiest dreams.

Unable to get rid of his nightmares...

It was why he was content with being the best in the Academy. After all, his achievements gave him hope of one day surpassing his brother in the future. It was a start to eventually get there. Even without his Sharingan, he was a person of value.

This was what he believed.

That... was until he met Sakura Haruno.

Someone who was clearly inferior to him mere days before, yet had the arrogance to say her mind could contend with his bloodline limit. It was people like her that he looked down on: Those who couldn't tell how inferior they were to him...!

However, even after he fought seriously and used his Sharingan, he lost... He lost to a slacker.

A fangirl who wasn't even as motivated at him.

Everything that he could use to say that his hard work had meaning was upstaged by her epic performance. It was to the point that he subconsciously saw her as a rival, just like Naruto.

Though she couldn't understand the pain they went through, the fact that she could keep up with them (despite not having a bloodline limit or a powerful Jutsu up her sleeve) made her worthy of being called a 'rival'. He pinned her as a new target.

One that he would surpass for sure!

In Gai-sensei's intense training regime, all four of them drove each other to improve immensely.

Especially so compared to if they would have trained with the same resolve they had in the Academy, and the person who spurred them on to such an extent was none other than Sakura.