Chapter 23: Gaara of the Abyss Vs Naruto of the Leaf

"You're dead!" Naruto recognised Gaara to be a Jinchuriki instantly. It wasn't that hard to get it.

He was being informed by Kurama and all.

However, his fist didn't seem to make contact with anything. The initial strike at the scary kid failed.

But this wouldn't put him down for long.

He put all that anxiety he felt down and punched again. He put his back into it with great chakra.

This time sending his opponent flying... apparently.

In fact, Gaara wanted to find a better place for them to go all out. He didn't want to alert the Hidden Leaf. The spiky-haired knucklehead gave chase. Kabuto kept a close eye from a distance.

There was a lot of data that could be gathered from watching two Jinchuriki fight.

He had kept an eye on Naruto once before, but for some reason he could feel the kid's 'presence' as different from before. As if monumental event occurred without his knowledge...

He wanted to see just what is it that made that knucklehead ninja so physically capable.

Naruto was unconfident if his current training was enough... Although he was now under the tutelage of a Great Sannin, he had yet to master the Rasengan or even had actual battle experience.

Gaara didn't speak anything. Once he found a good place, he let his actions do the talking.

A volatile Chakra arose over his body. He released his Tailed Beast Cloak, a staple ability that any Jinchuriki was capable pf producing once they tapped into their Tailed Beast's enormous power.

Normally, the red chakra would stay as a 'cloak' around a Jinchuriki's body to protect them and increase their physical might. However, Gaara's seemed different. It was sucked into the gourd of sand on his back, causing it to gain red tattoos.

"Kid, watch out. He has better Chakra Control than you right now." Kurama spoke from within him.

"Are you going to hold back? I thought you wanted to protect that pink-haired girl." Gaara provoked.

He wanted to test the limits of his power.

His hand gesturing towards Naruto. The sand behind him turned into spikes that shot at his foe.

"Do it. You focus on attack, and I'll focus on defence." The Nine Tails spoke with fighting spirit.

Before the spikes could hit him, Naruto weaved the hand signs of the Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu and replicated himself a hundredfold. He surrounded Gaara with his clones before slipping away, the real him forming a Mini Tailed Beast Bomb secretly.

Kabuto was leisurely eating snacks while watching the duo fight. His eyes shining under his glasses.

"Uzumaki Tactics- Hundred Clone Fist Barrage!" A almost chuuni voice escaped the lips of all those cloned knuckleheads. They synergistically worked as a single entity to fight their opponent.

Gaara was a little caught off guard, but he reacted fast by forming an absolute defence.

The sands cocooned him and took the brunt of the enhanced strikes that were filled with great chakra.

Naruto's own 'Power Fist' wasn't to be underestimated.

Each one of these clone had a higher punching power than even Sakura (despite being clones).

The 'absolute defence' shook, but Gaara wasn't the type to be beaten so easily. The clones easily found themselves being pierced by sand spikes as soon as they let their guard down. Their opponent had full mobility despite being covered in a shell!