Chapter 11: Sakura's Own Secret Mission Pt1

"Target located. Yellow, intercept." Sakura lead the team with her intelligence, all to catch their prey.

A proud feline hissed dangerously...

"Umm... Okay, Pink! What about Blue?" Naruto was feeling scared, but approached it nevertheless.

He couldn't catch it without getting closer.

"He seems to be brooding in the back." Sakura sighed, and wanted to tell him off for such things.

He was being too uncooperative.

"Understood! Intercepting the target now!" Naruto lunged forward and grabbed the cat that had gotten lost. Even though this low-level mission would normally get on Naruto's nerves, he enjoyed Sakura's attention. She was more intimate lately.

Plus, he wasn't desperate to prove himself right now.

"Hey, Blue, we can't become a seasoned team if you don't help." The pink-haired girl spoke to boy standing beside her. He seemed to be thinking of a lot of things, unlike their reckless and hasty friend.

In response to her nagging, Sasuke threw out some kunai and shuriken in Naruto's direction.

Sakura was stunned momentarily, but chose to trust that he knew what he was doing.

The two throwing weapons ricocheted off each other. Their trajectories altered mid flight...

...and ended with one of them accurately landing in front of the runaway cat. Their target for today.

The little feline was scared still by the kunai that landed in front of it, giving Naruto the chance to catch it the way he was advised to. He restricted the little creature from using its claws.

Sakura ticked another Mission from the list on her notepad. They returned to complete their mission.

This was how she played the supporting role in their team.

The girl knew both Sasuke and Naruto were enough to handle these Missions alone.

It may seem like she was slacking. That she was staying away from fighting to avoid getting hurt.

However, her true reason for being so laid back...

...was so they didn't find out that the person they were talking to, was only a Shadow Clone!

Hehe... She couldn't believe Sasuke fell for this.

Since she already knew about Tazuna's (the old man with a grandson's) dilemma, she went there to deal with the loan sharks. Those incredibly cartoonishly evil guys that were harassing people.

Gato's schemes was stopping the old man's village from being able to build a bridge to the outside.

Something that could improve their lives overall.

Instead of waiting for old man Tazuna to give the false information about his village, she headed there herself without her teammates. It was so they wouldn't be heavily injured like the last time.

At least, that's what she told herself.

Even without using the Flying Thunder God Technique- Level 3, her speed was extremely fast.

Her basic Body Flicker had reached such a level.

She let out a breath after finally getting there...

"Hey, kid, what are you doing here?" After getting to the village, she was seen by a few thugs.

Those who seemed to be monitoring the villagers.

What they saw before them was a young girl wearing black head to toe (and a fox mask), the only feature that stood out about her was the pink hair. She couldn't be bothered covering that up.