Chapter 18: Naruto Tries Hanging Out

The broody youth named Sasuke Uchiha had never been the social type. So what was the point?

Talking was too much of a hassle on idiots.

At least, that's how Sasuke perceived it.

If one was to look past his handsome exterior, he'd be considered quite the sociopathic individual.

One with two 'keen eyes'.

What would he have become if the Uchiha Tragedy didn't happen? One thing for certain is that, adding his appropriate mentality and talent, there's no way he wouldn't at least reach the level of Jhonin.

However, there was no 'ifs' and 'buts' in life.

The only thing this broody youth could do was hold onto the hatred he had for older brother

This was until his sadness and melancholy was rapidly turned into a seething flame of obsession.

'How can I live happily without killing my parent's killer first?' Was what was always on his mind.

He is willing to do anything as long as it could help him become strong. It is his own Will of Fire.

Sasuke knew how to compromise.

That's why, when the opportunity to learn more about his family's situation presented itself, he did his best to adapt. For the sake of his goal, he chose not be stubborn. This was for his own good.

In a not-so-popular place to eat that always had dwindling customers, Sasuke met up with the Heiress of the Hyuga Clan. He had recently been upfront with his intentions and didn't hesitate.

"I don't know about that time..." Hinata spoke out.

The youth before her stared at her intently.

"Aren't you the Heiress?" Sasuke found it unbelievable she knew nothing about him.

That tragedy wasn't a secret to the big families.

"My grandfather and cousin say I don't have the makings of a Shinobi. That's why my sister is being trained as the new head." Normally, she wouldn't be a girl of many words, but after being dragged here, Hinata could tell he would hate vague replies.

"What right does your cousin have in this?" Sasuke tilted his head.

"..." Hinata didn't answer, but fiddled with her hands nervously.

Sasuke found he had put her under too much pressure. It was better to back down for now.

He wasn't the type to bully someone just to get information.

"He's like a brother to me." Hinata finally gave him an answer. This reply made him remember back memories... So even the only brotherly figure in her life has the gall to look down on her? Nonsense!

"You should prove them wrong."

"But... they aren't wrong."

"Then why did attend the Academy?"

"..." She silently shifted her gaze. Sasuke looked through his memories and thought of an answer:

"Naruto." Her shoulders trembled a little.

"..." She started to blush.

"You are always looking at him." He might not be interested in people but his memory was good.

"Misunderstanding...!" She quickly tried to explain herself but could only squeeze out this one word.

"Sure. Anyway, you losing your Heiress status would be pretty annoying for me. That's why I'll help you out." Even though Sasuke said that, he was actually pissed her 'brother' was bullying her.