Chapter 10: Passing The Bell Test!

After realising they had been found out, the duo stopped attacking simultaneously.

They instead instead switched positions.

Kakashi was previously having to handle the kids that both had different strengths overall.

Naruto was a reckless slugger, while Sasuke was an infighting tactician. The former had the strength and endurance, while the latter kept him on his toes with more complicated Taijutsu techniques.

It was the difference between a siren alarm and a musical melody. Their rhythms completed split.

But since Sasuke was using Naruto's appearance and weaving between the clones, it took a while before Kakashi realised he'd been tricked. The subtle Genjutsu had delayed his realisation.

But who could have done such a thing?

Perhaps it wasn't a particularly strong illusion, but planting a suggestion that delayed a person from thinking of something was monstrous. If it was anyone else, they would have lost to the duo.

Naruto and Sasuke's skill-set complemented each other just that much. They were too consistent.

Like they'd trained with each other for a while.

Sasuke went completely on the attack, while Naruto was in charge of not letting Kakashi get away. Keeping him within a certain range by threatening him with chakra enhanced punches.

Their unfortunate sensei was feeling a little troubled right now. Especially with how they were complementing each other while not getting in each other's way. Keeping track of each other.

Which idiot trained them to be so good...?!

In fact, an impulsive youth like Naruto was the type to always make plans go awry, so how was it possible that he suddenly felt like listening to his teammates? Sasuke too. He was actually listening.

Different from what he'd heard.

Sasuke seemed the type to be too eager to prove himself. Irritable, and rushing forward blindly.

But now, he showed a basic level of patience.

Keeping track of when Naruto couldn't keep up and holding back when necessary. Even after being found.

He seemingly tried to catch his teacher's attention.

Becoming bait.

Kakashi decided to let them lead him to where he assumed would be multiple traps. However, what he saw instead was a pink-haired girl. She seemed to be leisurely leaning on a tree up above.

Sakura cut a string, and the traps set up activated in a chain reaction. One activating after another.

Normally, this would be the time that a ninja would retreat to make sure they weren't caught up into their own traps, but both Sasuke and Sakura instead advanced. Keeping track of the changes.

The was the greatest opportunity they could get to stealing the bells. Even as logs, needles, darts, and arrows were flying everywhere, the two of them tag teamed Kakashi. Seamlessly weaving through them.

Naruto was keeping the parameter checked.

He also wanted to jump in, but knew he wouldn't be able to keep up with them. So he just rested.

Keeping his eyes sharp.

'They really are amazing...' Naruto was entranced by the scene that happened before him.

It was like watching a dance rather than actual combat... Both Sakura and Sasuke had calculated movements due to knowing of the traps beforehand, but Kakashi was still able to keep up with his reflexes and intuition alone.