Chapter 16

"Jin hyung, something's wrong with Aera. I can feel it", eight years old Namjoon whispered as tears flowed down his eyes.

The eleven year old Seokjin cried helplessly.

"What can we do Joon-ah?",he cried as he struggled with the rope that tied his hands at the back of the chair.

He looked around to see his brothers covered in swear, dirt, tears and blood, unconscious except himself and Namjoon.

On the other side of the world:

"Sorry, we can't say she'll survive. Only, a miracle can save her", the doctor said as he held the lady's hands.

"NO, THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. SHE NEEDS TO SURVIVE. SHE NEEDS TO LIVE", the lady screamed as he cried hysterically.

Suddenly the door opened and the nurse said,"Mr. Harvey, Aera's pulse is going down. She is ... dying"

"NO,NO,NOOOO",the lady cried falling on the floor.

The doctor rushed in Aera's ward.

Beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeep.

Everything stopped.

"AERA", Jin woke up screaming.

He looked around and sighed.

He wiped off the cold sweat and the tears that flowed down, unknown to him.

He threw his covers away and reached Jungkook's room.

He saw her peacefully sleeping, in Jungkook's arms.

He sighed and kissed her forehead.

He ran his hand through Jungkook's forehead.

His heart clenched thinking about the sufferings his brother faced.

He silently went out of the room.

He stood in his balcony as cold wind kissed him.

He let his emotions out.

"I'm really sorry guys. I can't be a good brother", he said as he let his tears flow.

Guilt and regret safe the two emotions that can kill you.

He carried his guilt of being a weakling and the regret of failing to protect his siblings.

These ate him up, alive, everyday.

He felt a hand in his shoulder.

He quickly wiped his tears.

"You want something Kook?",he asked without turning around.

He was sure, if he faced his brother right now,he might broke down, again.

"Yes, hyung. I need you to stop blaming yourself. Whatever happened isn't even your fau-", Jungkook was cutted off by Jin.

"It is Kook-ah. It is", he said as he fell on the floor.

"Only if I was better. Only if I had fought back", he said as he closed his face with his hands.

"What could you do hyung? You were a kid, a fucking kid then, hyung. Only because of you we are alive today and Aera's here with us. It's only because of you hyung", Jungkook said as he knelt infront of Jin and pulled him in a hug.

"You are the best hyung, we can ask for. You are the best oppa, Aera can ask for. You are the best son, our parents can ask for. Hyung, Can you promise me something?",He asked as he pulled out of the hug and wiped his tears.

Jin nodded his head unsure.

"Promise me, you won't blame yourself. If I ever see you guilty, from that day I won't talk to you. For the rest of my life", Jungkook said as Jin widened his eyes.

He knew how much stubborn this kid is and knew none of them make empty promises.

"I need some time, Jungkook-ah", Jin said slowly.

Jungkook nodded understandingly.

"I'm willing to give you as much time you want,hyung. But remember, I'll always keep my promises", Jungkook said as he kissed Jin's head and dashed out of the room.

Jin chuckled and looked at the backyard, thinking deeply.

"GOOD MORNING, OPPA", Aera said giggling.

"GOOD MORNING, PRINCESS",six voices said.

"Why is everyone loud, in the morning?", a grumpy voice mumbled.

"Come on, hyung, don't be a grumpy cat",Jimin mumbled.

"You said something?", Yoongi raised his eyebrows.

"No, nothing, hyung", he said as he lowered his head.

Jin placed the food in the table, which are Kimchi ramen and some soft fluffy pancakes.

Everyone began eating and Aera moaned at the delicious taste.

"Aera, don't you think Jin hyung deserves appreciation, for his cooking skills?", Jungkook asked smiling.

Aera nodded and got up from her seat.

She hugged Jin and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks for making delicious food,Oppa. You are the best cook and also best oppa", she said smiling.

"Thank you, princess. I love cooking for you, not for this annoying pests ", he said as he ran his hand through her hair.

Jungkook smiled and continued with his food.