Chapter 154

Aera was plotting curves in her laptop when Danbi approached her.

"Hey, there's a party tonight at Woo's place. You wanna come?", she asked.

"No thanks", Aera said as she focused on her work.

"It's not fair. At least accompany me. It'll be fun", Danbi asked again.

"I have work to do, Dans. And I'm not a party person", Aera said with a smile as Danbi sighed.

"Alright", she went away not so convinced.

Aera's mobile started ringing as she smiled and accepted the call.

"Oppa", she mumbled leaning back on her chair.

It was Namjoon.

"Yes. I ate", she paused, "what about you oppa?"

"Mmhmm. Really? You are coming to pick me up? Then get me a chocolate cake", she laughed as Namjoon hung up the call, telling her to focus on work and not think about food every second.

But she knew he would be ready with a whole chocolate cake factory by evening.

Dinner was over yet Yuri was not home.

She went to her family gathering but Jin stayed back due to an urgent meeting.

Jin knew about her whereabouts and also knew that she was safe and sound so he didn't bother much and was working in their bedroom.

The door opened and Yuri walked in.

He could guess that something was not at all right.

She threw her handbag on the bed and started to remove her accessories.

Jin kept his things aside as he went to her and hugged her from the back.

"Yuri, I know you. What's wrong? Did someone say something?", He asked.

That was enough for her to break down in tears.

She turned around and hugged him tight.

"I f-fought so hard with them. I won't go back there", she said shaking her head.

Jin hugged her tight and slowly made his way to the bed.

He made her sit beside him and took her hands in his.

"Who said what?", He asked as he wiped her tears.

Yuri calmed down as she got lost in his soothing eyes.

"You know right? I never let other people's words hurt me. I was okay with everything everyone said about my infertility. People have always considered me less of a woman. Every single person who knew about this ran away and looked down on me. I was okay with it. I was always okay because they were not important in my life. They were some third people. But, today...", She gulped down her words as more tears resurfaced.

Jin hugged her close as she cried her heart out.

"Today it's your family huh?", he asked as she nodded her head.

"Today my brother and his wife announced that they were pregnant. I was really happy for them. I just went to give her a hug, but she stepped back. She said that she it'll be better if I don't wish her. Even I can bear that. But my brother, he..he..", she hiccuped as Jin got her a glass of water.

She drank it in one go.

"He glared at me for making his wife uncomfortable. He even said that it'll be better if I meet her only after their child is born. You know Jin, it did hurt. And my mother, she didn't even speak a word for me. So I just fought and told them I'll never come into their life. Am I cursed Jin? Am I really not worth it? What is my fault?", she asked looking up at him.