𖥻 chapter two

"questionable behavior."

꒰🏁꒱

"that was rude as fuck!"

jake screeches the moment heeseung steps into their shared apartment, but the raven haired is anything but eager to listen to his roommate's nagging ─ jake, on the other hand, is anything but eager to stop.

"what if she watched the interview? what if you brought her self-esteem low?" "that's the point!" he snaps and falls on the couch with a smug smile, letting his head fall back with a huff. "finally~ home."

"are you for real?" jake sighs & leans on the counter, looking at his friend with a hint of disgust ─ truthfully, he was disgusted.

"yeah? why'd I even care about this toddler anyway." he chuckles & runs a hand through his hair, bitting on his nails as his eyes focus on the carpeted floor. the blond haired boy tuts from behind, making his way to the fridge and grabbing a can of beer. "you are nasty as shit."

"I like ace in wheels better, thanks." he mocks & stands up, opening the door to his room with force. he takes off his jacket and black tee, looking through the pile of clothes on the armchair for a clean one. "when's laundry day?"

"you'd know if you weren't busy being a bitch, ace in wheels." jake whispers to himself & leans on the doorframe, watching the raven haired manically throwing his clothes around while searching. "for fuck's sake jake help!"

"help yourself instead~" he struts out of the room, vanishing into the living room. heeseung groans, shooting up to follow his friend. "what's your deal anyway? is she your girl or what?"

"yes!"

"oh?"

"I'm kidding." jake plops down on one of the chairs in the kitchen. "but you should've seen your face." he points at heeseung's face with a silly smirk and takes a sip from his can. "astonished."

"I'm not gonna lie, she's really pretty." he goes on with his lips stretched in a faint smile, looking up to meet gazes with heeseung. "please don't unfriend me once we start dating."

"fuck you sim." heeseung hisses and puts on the hoodie he spotted atop of the couch, shooting daggers with his glare at his friend and co-racer. "can we just, forget about her?"

"if you apologize, maybe." "ha! no shit man!" "be prepared for the teasing of your life then." jake finishes his beer and throws a smile his way, shooting the empty can on the bin.

"aaaand three points for jake sim!"

꒰🏁꒱

"no man has ever pissed me off as much as this... tall skinny ass bitch!"

"that was quite creative, dear." nora smiles and grabs a wet towel, rubbing the hood of her car with it. "well I can do better than that." ava growls and bites on her thumb nail, bouncing her leg while seated on the only chair in the garage.

"this stain just won't go away & we've got a race tomorrow!" the older girl grunts and rubs harder. "ugh, fuck it!" she gives up after a minute, smashing the towel on the windshield with a puff of her cheeks.

"patience, darling."

both women turn to see whose voice it is, only for their jaws to fall slack ─ nora's in surprise, ava's in disgust. "oh hell nah." the latter whispers, taking a deep breath as she crosses her arms over her chest and throws her head back, opting to stare at the ceiling instead.

"well~ well~ if that ain't the notorious ace in wheels." nora clicks her tongue and scrunches her nose, picking the towel up from the ground. "more like asshole in wheels."

"thank you darling!" heeseung says & winks, smile immediately dropping the moment he sees ava sitting there, too focused on her newfound interest to give a damn.

"why are you even here?" nora asks, her pointer scratching on the stain as her eyes never leave the dirty spot. he clears his throat, shoving his hands on his hip pockets.

"I came to apologize."

ava's head falls to look at him with such speed, her spine cracks. "you? apologize? to who?" she exclaims, eyes blown wide in surprise. nora's attention is now drawn to the raven haired.

"to you." he whispers, and the latter suddenly feels like she's standing before a little kid who caused trouble. he looks so small like this. her brows raise even more and her lips pucker in a mocking manner. "awww~ me? what for?"

heeseung grunts, kicking the ground as he spins on the balls of his heels & walks out of the garage. "screw it." the girls hear him say, turning to look at each other with the same question arising, as if a little bubble popped up above their heads.

now, what was that?

"man's weird." "oh, you tell me." they chuckle, as ava wraps her arm around nora's neck, pulling her closer. "shall we go grab a drink 'fore tomorrow's race?" she suggests, brows wiggling as she faces her friend.

"say less!" she claps excitedly & runs towards the metallic door, jumping to reach it and pull it down. "hope it's on you though. i forgot my wallet at home."

ava scoffs, raising her brows at the curly haired girl. "as if i didn't see you paying for your girlfriend's lunch. but oh well~" she spins around & puckers her lips. "if it means that you save up more money for her, then it's on me."

nora chuckles nervously, punching her arm as she walks by. "shut up ava. we are not a thing." "not yet." the girl emphasizes, receiving another punch from her. "aack─ I'm joking!"

"but you like it." "ava, stop!"