𖥻 chapter twenty one

"talk about hook-ups

"talk about hook-ups."

꒰🏁꒱

"thank you once again."

heeseung smiles down at her, hands shoved into his pockets. they had just finished moving all of her stuff up to her flat, standing before the complex of apartments.

they can both sense the awkwardness still floating around, trying their best to ignore it while keeping it as neutral as they possibly can.

"no need." he shrugs, rocking back & forth as he catches her gaze and locks it with his for a moment. he takes one deep breath, then speaks up. "thanks as well... for trusting me."

"it's no big deal. i should be thanking you... again, for putting up with my breakdown & annoying storytelling and..." she looks up. "yeah..."

with a small smile, he walks up to her and carefully wraps his arms around her shoulders. "it was my pleasure to help you out." he whispers in her ear, and ava has the sudden urge to push him off ─ because she certainly didn't invite that pack of butterflies in her stomach.

when he pulls away, it's like it grew colder all of a sudden ─ is england always this cold, even during june?

"do we..." he seems hesitant, but her little hum followed by a slight tilt of her head urges him to finish what he started. "do we... pretend like it never happened though?"

shoot.

"uhh..." is her first response, looking around, as if searching for the right words ─ she didn't expect something like this to be thrown her way. "iii... don't know. personally..."

personally?

you didn't even think about it, idiot.

heeseung cocks a brow, awaiting for an answer ─ the prolonging of it only adding to the burning feeling at the very pit of his stomach.

because truthfully, he wants for her to remember everything about this night.

"... i won't pretend." he coos instead, wanting to get this off of his chest the sooner he can. "and hopefully you do too." he adds and offers her a smile, spinning on the balls of his heels.

"I won't."

he halts. ava shuts her eyes & prays that she hadn't fucked up by blurting out what she was aching to admit.

he starts to walk backwards towards her, stopping just in time to turn back around and face her. his lips hold the biggest smile she's ever seen on him, and it's kind of a big surprise, if she's honest.