𖥻 chapter fourteen

"what'd I do without you?"

[t/w: mentions of sa & sex]

꒰🏁꒱

"sooo? how was the date?"

ava falls back on nora's bed, staring at the ceiling for a moment & snapping her head at her direction. she throws her a smile so big, nora's positive that everything went smoothly for her friend.

"you know those cliche date scenes I cry over at any 80s movie we watch? make it 2022 edition." she exclaims & nora yelps, clapping excitedly. "that's so nice to hear! you finally lived your hopeless romantic dream~"

"did he kiss you when he dropped you off?" she then asks, fiddling with some stuff atop of her drawer. a very tense silence is what follows her words and her brows crease in confusion, as she turns back around.

only to be met with a beet red ava.

"no way..." she trails, and the girl nods her head, hiding her face in her hands with a small squeal. nora screams and runs up to the brunette, jumping on her & almost pushing her off the bed.

"bitch! you got laid!" "shhhh! you'll wake lydia up." "no shit mate, she's got to wake up anyway! bro you got laid! my friend got laid!"

"don't say it like that, it sounds weird." ava protests, yet the smile is evident in her voice. nora shoots up from her spot and walks around the bedroom, energy suddenly pumping in every part of her body.

"no cause that's a big achievement! I mean you hadn't slept with anyone in a really long time ─ let me put some more emphasis on really." a wheeze escapes her mouth. "god dammit!"

"did it hurt?" "what?" "it's been a year ava, didn't it hur─" "I think it's getting too detailed." "right, I'm sorry." nora purses her lips & sits back down next to her, all giggly. "it's alright."

"but tell me, how did you and lydia spend the night?" ava raises a brow & scoots closer, bumping her shoulder with hers. nora breathes a chuckle, but ava quickly catches the cloud of discomfort in her face.

"hey... is everything okay?" she puts a hand on her shoulder and puts some pressure, only for nora to shake it off. her face morphs & grimaces, and next thing ava knows, her face is shoved in her chest.

her body jerks and ava gasps. "nora... what happened? did she hurt you? oh God, what happened?" ava wraps her arms around her chest and pulls her closer. nora's fisted hands pull on her tee, quiet sobs falling off her plump lips.

"I think... I think I'm broken."

ava furrows her brows, softly pulling the girl away & staring right into her eyes. "why are you saying this? seems to me that you are functioning just right." she jokes.

nora cracks a smile at her words. "no, you silly bitch." she wipes some tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand and sniffles. "see...when the race ended two days ago, me & lydia went to her house."

"we... had dinner & all that romantic shit, we watched a movie, ate dessert and... it was all fun & games, until she took me to her bedroom & laid me to her bed... and we started making out."

she takes a deep breath while ava rubs soothing, invisible shapes up & down her back. "it's okay, take your time." she comforts ─ though being quite impatient herself.

nora nods. "after a few minutes of just kissing... she grabbed the back of my head to kiss me harder, and her other hand came down to squeeze my butt ─ it's so weird to describe it, dang it ─ and... and I pushed her away."

"like, really hard. I barely held her to not fall off the bed." she finishes and shrugs, staring at the floor. "I... didn't want to have sex ava. and you know me, I'm the horniest person someone can meet."

"that's true." ava snickers, but it's soon replaced by her pursed lips. "well, one thing's for sure baby. you're definitely not broken." she then shifts her body to face the teary-eyed girl. her hands reach out to grab and hold hers, her thumbs drawing soft circles on them.

"it's normal for someone who just got assaulted to not feel safe to have sex right after the experience. your body responds to it as if you're under attack and such."

"you have to allow yourself to heal first, take some time to feel safe and reconnect with your body. it'll take some time, but no one's rushing."

"but what if lydia wants to have sex?" nora creases her brows, looking at her friend as she unconsciously tightens her grip on her hands. ava offers her a comforting smile.

"lydia is a lovely and understanding person. have a talk with her & let her know of how you're not ready to do anything yet." she suggests and nora nods yet again.

"I owe her an apology as well, I quite literally almost hurt her. she's been a bit distant after that." she admits and ava pats her shoulder, grabbing her attention. "hey, you owe no apology to anyone."

"what you did was trauma response & it's only normal that you reacted this way. it wasn't your fault." ava coos & pulls her in for another hug.

nora hums against her chest, nuzzling in her embrace. "thanks mate. I would be fucking lost if it weren't for you." "don't be silly. I'm always there for ya, 'kay? I'll stick with you like a leaf on a hedgehog's back."

nora creases her brows as ava rubs her back. "that's... so weirdly specific. I like it~"

for a while, the only sounds heard are lydia's soft snores and birds chirping. suddenly, nora gasps as if having just remembered something & pulls away, with ava staring at her in shock.

"hold on, when are you leaving?"

"leaving?" ava echoes and the curly haired nods. "yeah, for cambridge." her face morphs, questioning her friend. "how'd you know about it?"

"jake told me." this little snitch. "first thing this morning, he texted me that my beloved friend is driving off to her hometown, quote unquote." she says, trying to mimick jake's deep accent.

"i was this bad at sex that he had to announce my departure? he seems elated." she comments with a shrug, receiving a punch in the arm from nora. "you're a scorpio, love. you guys are basically sex gods by nature."

"you make it sound as if we're some sex maniacs or something." she says and nora raises her brows, giving her a knowing look. "what's his sign?" she asks instead. "uhhh, he's a scorpio too, if I'm not mistaken." "hell nah! that's a fucking win-win for both of you!"

"can we just leave my sex life as it is?"  nora nervously laughs and stands up. "sooo, when are you leaving?" "in two days. I'll be back in september, if the event is still on hold... aaand if my dad accepts me to stay."

"ouch." the curly haired opts to say & ava purses her lips. "he's a dick but... what can I do? he's my dad." she says and exhales, as nora pouts and sighs. "well, hopefully he's kept up with you & sees that you're no disappointment, hmm?"

"hopefully." ava repeats. "that means that you won't be here for the trial? I feel like you have to be present..." ava shrugs once again. "maybe I can drive here just for a few days, then go back. I'm honestly only going there to visit my mom, that's all."

nora nods. "well, have fun I guess! go shove your success on his face baby~" she cheers & ava giggles, welcoming the girl in a tight hug.

"I'll do... I'll do."