𖥻 chapter twenty

"actual trauma bonding time

"actual trauma bonding time."

꒰🏁꒱

"dare to tell anyone & i'll chop your ballsacks off. and no, i'm not joking." ava threatens as they enter his car, early the next morning. heeseung's lips twitch into a smirk, yet his ears glow a burning red ─ it's definitely not the coldness of the weather.

"okay." he simply replies, however it takes ava a second to process, turning to look at him with a big frown on her face. "how's it that you... nevermind."

"i told you, i'm serious about being nicer to you. so, no more sarcasm or snarky comments from now on." he says & fastens his seatbelt, clearing his throat with a cough.

ava remains frozen for a moment & stares off to the front, as if some sort of cameraman will pull up & say that it's a prank ─ and given that he never does, she opts to shake her head and get in.

"it's your turn to choose a playlist." he points out once he starts the engine & drapes an arm over her seat, shifting his body back to have a better look as he pulls out of the parking lot.

his words fall into deaf ears, as ava is busy fiddling with her fingers that lay on her lap. he checks left & right, then drives out of the area, into the empty highway. the unusual silence catches his attention, glancing over at ava for a split second.

"is everything okay?" he questions in a soft tone, only for the girl to look the other way, avoiding his gaze.

i'm serious about being nicer to you.

this very sentence is troubling her, to the point of discomfort. heeseung, the man who made her first weeks in the arenas of gumball 3000 insufferable, is making an actual effort in being nicer with her.

he showed it through comforting her and listening to her story. he showed it by offering to sleep on the floor ─ though mocking him for that, she has to admit that the action flattered her. and he most definitely showed it last night, by the way he treated her.

for a hook-up, ava expected him to be rougher, like any other past hook-up, basically using her to sexually satisfy themselves and neglecting her own pleasure.

but heeseung took his sweet time with her. every piece of clothing he'd take off, he'd cover her skin with kisses, & every time she made a particularly loud sound of pain, he'd stop and ask her if everything's okay.

not to mention how he prioritized her own pleasure. no man in the history of her hook-ups has ever done that.

without her realizing, a tear escapes her eyes & rolls down her cheek, not going unnoticed by the raven haired, who looks at her face, trying to spot any sign of discomfort.