𖥻 chapter fifteen

"broke skoda bestie

"broke skoda bestie."

꒰🏁꒱

"screw you!"

ava kicks the wheel of her car, eyes brimming with tears of frustration & anger. it's as if the universe is poking her nerves for her to eventually blow up. why won't the car just start?

she harshly closes the hood and leans back on it, scooping her phone out of her hip pocket. she quickly dials some number & brings it up to her ear, the ringing adding to her stress. "c'mon~"

"ava? is everything okay? it's seven in the morning." jungwon exclaims from the other line, though sounding hyper awake. ava grunts a faint "yes" as her hand rubs her forehead. "I mean, no."

"this motherfucker of a car just won't start... and I'm running late already~" the statement serves as a reminder to her, leading to her whining the last part as jungwon pulls the phone away from his ear.

"it's okay, it's alright. I'll drop by and I'll have it ready in no time!" "I don't have time won!" she sighs, punching her knee. a soft chuckle falls off her lips. "maybe the universe is trying to tell me that it'll be a waste of time."

"don't say that." jungwon warns while shuffling and clinking can be heard in the background. "I'll be over in a few. and don't worry, we'll find a way."

"you are an angel!" ava exclaims and kisses her phone, only for jungwon to cry out in disgust. "yeah whatever. see you in ten." he coos and ends the call.

ava opens the door & plops herself on the driver's seat, one leg propped up inside & the other dangling out of the car. she leans over the passenger seat and opens the storage compartment, smiling in delight when she sees that she's not short of candies, unlike any other time. "bingo~"

she grabs a twix & hastily rips off the wrapper, her stomach growling as a response to not having had breakfast. she takes a bite and hums as she falls back on the seat and smiles, happy to finally put something in her mouth.

"enjoying yourself yoon?"

"SHIT!" her jaw falls slack at the sight of heeseung standing outside her car, leaning on the open window with his arms crossed. ava chokes on the sweet treat, sitting up & punching her chest.

"what the hell are you doing here?" he shrugs, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. "it's jake. i woke up & he's not home, so... I assumed that he's here for round two?"

heeseung meets her surprised gaze, chuckling at the way her eyes widen and her mouth hangs open. "you girls are not the only ones who get excited & shit when something good happens. especially jake, man wouldn't shut up for a day straight!"