𖥻 chapter twenty two

"better off as friends

"better off as friends."

꒰🏁꒱

upon entering the empty apartment, heeseung immediately makes it to his bedroom, shutting the door close and putting his hands against it. he bangs it repeatedly, anger filling him up.

why can't she just believe him? why can't she just fucking listen for once? does she have to be so stubborn?

fuck you katana, for always butting in at the worst of times ─ it could be any other person, any, and not give a fuck about admitting it. "yes, i fuck katana mizuki, and?"

but no, not in front of ava, especially after they spent the night together ─ with rage, he realizes that he's never acted like this when it came to other hook-ups.

because ava yoon's not just a hook-up.

he bumps his fist on the door. again, and again, and again. his hand aches & his knuckles turn red, but he keeps boxing with the hard surface, as if he was challenging it into fighting back.

after sam, there was none. it's as if a switch went off & his heart petrified. no girl could possibly ignite feelings within him ─ and he's met girls and girls from all over the world.

yet, he found it all in ava yoon, the very much annoying rookie from the outskirts of cambridge. the girl who prefers her nickname over her actual name. the girl who has a bad temper that he loves to pick on. the girl who threatened his first place ─ and won all too rightfully on their last race.

she, out of all the girls, won the race of love. she, out of all the girls, lit up something within him. and he might be late in discovering it, but at least he comes in terms with his feelings.

he likes ava yoon.

it's not just a simple crush ─ nor "him fancying her", like jake would say. he likes her, with all the meaning of the damn word.

oh shoot...

he likes ava yoon.

꒰🏁꒱

jake reaches ava's flat later that day. after stumbling upon a depressed and angered heeseung at their apartment, he thought that letting the man alone with his thoughts was far better than risking both their sanities.

"she's back." nora told him this very morning, when he visited the girl in hopes of finding some company ─ yet, seeing lydia hanging by the couch was more than enough of information. "I'll go check up on her then."