𖥻 chapter ten

"victory, and its consequences

"victory, and its consequences."

꒰🏁꒱

"and the race begins!"

ava steps on the accelerator upon the presenter's remark, as the man on the platform waves the green flag and the fifteen contestants drive off.

heeseung and ava are the first to start, with the raven haired quickly passing her & widening the gap between them to fifteen feet. she grunts, leg in pain from how hard she's pressing on the accelerator & right hand holding onto the gearshift.

the anger she has been feeling since earlier turns into rage, which the girl uses to her advantage, determined to win this race and shove it up his face.

twelve feet. ten feet. six feet.

the gap between them grows shorter as she revs. it's as if the back of his is mocking her, the red lights shining like a pair of eyes that hold cockiness, his cockiness.

she shifts to the left in an attempt to pass, yet he's fast enough to react to it and shift as well, blocking her. her fist punches the steering wheel, rugged breaths fogging up the helmet's face, as sweat trickles down her forehead and cheeks.

"you're sticking to him again."

jungwon, her mentor, coos from the earpiece, his voice wavering in agony. "keep a safe distance." he advises and ava does as told, slowing down a bit. the distance widens once again, and the girl sighs as she kicks the space beside the brakes.

"love, calm down." "I am calm." she says and tries not to cry out of utter frustration, opting to whine instead. "take a deep breath for me, okay?"

"okay..." she breaths & grips tighter on the wheel, as jungwon observes from the little screen in front of him, where shots of ava's point of view & the road in front of her are displayed.

"good. now look straight to the front, focus and beat that motherfucker up, k?" jungwon exclaims in an attempt to cheer her up.

she nods. "let's shove this win up his ass!" she shouts, and the crew cheers along with jungwon, happy exclaims mixing with ava's cuss words.

"show this son of a bitch who ava yoon is!"

꒰🏁꒱

last lap.

ava bites on her bottom lip harshly, it almost draws blood. the inside of her helmet is drenched in sweat, and her eyes flicker between the road before her and the rear mirror.