𖥻 chapter five

"why'd you ruin my night?"

꒰🏁꒱

"where for?" heeseung leans on the doorframe, crossing his arms over his chest while eyeing his roommate up & down. he smirks, eyes shrinking as a prolonged "woo~" escapes his lips.

"sim jaeyun ain't bitchless anymore!" he chants, hopping towards the blond and wrapping his head in a headlock. "hee─ heeseung! the hair!" the young one protests, escaping his grip with a laugh as he turns back to the mirror & fixes his strands.

"seems like yesterday you were a little man." heeseung jokes in a soft voice & eyes the boy with nostalgic eyes. deep down though, he's happy for jake ─ so happy, that he can't keep himself from pinching the boy's side in a teasing manner. "aack!"

"sooo...who's the lucky one?" he trails, wiggling his brows as he falls back on the blond's bed. jake giggles, clearing his throat with a cough. "promise not to laugh or cringe and all that shit."

"man, you've dated max heatherway! is there anyone cringier than her?" he says and rubs his eyes, yawning in the process. "c'mon, spit it."

jake turns around, hands on his tie as he fixes it with a subtle smile.

"ava yoon."

ava...

yoon...

fuck me.

"say that again?" he orders, sitting up straight as jake throws a look his way. astonished. "you heard that right. ava yoon. the girl you dislike, the girl I joked about dating."

"can you believe that?" he adds with a breathy laugh. "I was joking!" he then looks at heeseung. "you are not going to unfriend me though will you?" he chuckles and walks up to the raven, who sits as if time froze for him only.

"wish me luck." he small-dances his way out of the room, muttering the lyrics of an old love-song as the door to his room shuts close. moments later, the main door opens and closes, & an electrified silence reigns through the apartment.

"he's joking, right?" heeseung mutters and shoves his face in his palms with force, rubbing hard. he bites his inner cheeks, he pinches his arms, he goes as far as kicking the foot of jake's bed. nope, too painful to be a dream.

"SIM JAEYUUUUUN!"

꒰🏁꒱

"that's a lovely restaurant you picked, jakey." ava says & turns to look at the giggly man. "you don't mind it if I call you that, do you?"