𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Warning: First of all thanks for reading. English is not my first language so there may be some mistakes. There are some swearing words along with sexual words and scenes. I might make some mistakes because I'm new to Formula 1 and I tried to research everything before writing but some things are hard to find (I accept any help you can give me tho).

Every character and name are merely representative and I do not mean to insult anyone, but someone will be the villain (or not) so if it's your idol I'm sorry. Some family names/birthdays are made up because there are pieces of information that are, obviously, not made public. Some facts and results may be changed to better fit the story.

-

♪ "Hey, how's life?"
I don't know, it's alright ♪

July 15th, 2021 - Madrid

Maya Martinez POV

I'm going to start this by saying I should've stayed home. I am now in complete panic and I don't know what to do with my life. But I will explain this to you all. I'm an adult who just finished university and I'm still trying to find a job. I also share a house with my two best friends: Mariana and Camila. They convinced me to live my life to the fullest and now I'm in the worst position I've ever been in.

I had a one-night stand with the hottest guy I've ever met, and he surprisedly looked at me so I went ahead. That is awesome, right? No! I am now late on my period two whole months later. I am in a panic and I don't know what to do. I did 3 tests. They are all positive. After crying and throwing up from stress, or pregnancy, I got up and went into the living room when I hear Mariana and Camila getting home from the grocery shop.

"What happened? You look like shit" Camila says worriedly and puts down the groceries to run to my side which Mariana follows.

"I didn't want to scare you guys but-" I say but if I say it out loud I think I will cry because it will make it too real.

"What?" Mariana asks getting even more worried by the second and I take a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant" I say and I heard the sound of their phones dropping to the floor along with their jaws.

"No" Mariana says basically speechless.

"Is this a prank?" Camila asks and I shake my head.

"I wish it was" I say and point to our bathroom. They run inside and I sit on the couch letting the tears roll down.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. We shouldn't have made you come with us" Camisa says coming back and hugging me.

"I will schedule an appointment so you can do an ultrasound to see if it's not a false positive" Mariana says picking up her phone which had a good case or it would've been broken by now.

"I can't have this child" I say and Camila nods.

"I know baby, but do you think you will be able to go through an abortion? I don't trust you to mentally handle it" She says and I try to clean my tears.

"I don't know. I don't have many options" I say and she takes a deep breath.

"I can't believe the pill and condom didn't do shit" She says and Mariana comes in.

"They can take you this afternoon in two hours. The pill loses effect after certain medicines. She had a headache earlier that day, maybe that was it. The condom could've just been defective" She says sitting by my other side and I nod.

"I can't believe this is happening to me. I have always been so careful with everything, I was a top student, had good behavior, and never had one-night stands and all that. Why the fuck did this have to happen now?" I say angry with what life decided to do with me. Why? I have had enough, I truly did.

"Can't you talk with him? He followed you on Instagram, maybe he will answer you" Mariana says and I shake my head.

"Do you know who he is?" I ask and they look at each other and shake their heads.

"Not really, no" Camila says confused.

"He is a Formula 1 driver, he has millions to his name and millions of followers. He won't even remember me and if he does my message will get lost on his DMs" I say and they seem surprised.

"You snatched a Formula 1 driver? The least he could do is pay for the abortion, it's a lot of money for someone with a minimum age" She says and I take a deep breath.

"It won't hurt to try" I say and go get my phone from my bedroom.

"What are you going to say?" She asks and I shrug.

"Just a hey Carlos, we need to talk, please answer me when you can" I say and text basically that and put the phone down.

"It will all be fine. You always worked things out, you are a warrior, you will get through it" Camisa says hugging me and Mariana joins in.

"I wouldn't be able to survive all you did. You will be fine" Mariana says and I smile.

"I need a nap, wake me up in an hour and a half so I can prepare for the ultrasound" I say and they nod.

I go into my bedroom and basically fall asleep instantly. Crying always makes me sleepy. They woke me up when I asked them to and I got ready for the most frightening medical thing I ever experienced. This will either be a disaster or a blessing. I got there and the doctor was so nice.

"Hello. Maya Martinez, what brings you here today? You booked an urgency appointment" She says after I got in and I nod.

"Hm- I got no period these last two months and I got worried, did 3 tests and they all came back positive. I need to know for sure" I say and she writes on the computer, raising my anxiety. Chill out, Maya.

"When was the last time you had sexual intercourse?"

"May 7th" I say and she nods.

"Let's see if you have a bun in the oven or not" She says and I lie down thinking every decision in my life has led to this and I was starting to regret it.

"Are you seeing something?" I ask worried after minutes of silence and seeing the equivalent of nothing on the screen, my knowledge of this is not much thankfully.

"I can assure you that you are indeed pregnant. It's still very early to say much but the baby is definitely there, you are looking at the wrong screen, your tiny baby is here" She says and everything seemed to stop for a minute, I felt my heart skip a beat and I stopped breathing. I was scared and all alone again. I don't want to feel this again.