𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

♫ Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

A few months went by and I knew for sure I wasn't going to wait a few more years to make Maya my wife. She is the love of my life, I can't even look at another woman with interest, she is the only woman I can think about and that made me realize that I am not going anywhere and I think neither is she.

I know being my partner isn't easy because of all the traveling but I also know that we can handle it, we have been handling it pretty well. I saw every first of me kid because she is always recording to make sure nothing is missed. The season of 2022 has ended but I am happy because I have everything planned to propose to her with everything she deserves and I made sure not to ask for help from anyone because I know people around us aren't good at keeping secrets.

Christmas came and went, 2023 started, and my cue was coming up. On the day to open the gifts, I made sure my gift to her was the last one to be opened. Everyone had opened theirs and she picked the wrapped paper box that was empty but she didn't need to know that. My phone was secretly recording and everyone was focused on seeing what my gift was.

"This is too light" She says confused, that is the point.

"Will you be my wife? A simple yes will make me the happiest man alive" I ask nervously while her hands covered her mouth shakily.

"Oh, God. I didn't expect this" She says still astonished.

"I am dying down here cariño" I say almost having a heart attack and I hear muffled laughs from my family and the girls.

"Yes! I will marry you, get your ass up" She says excitedly and I get up, grab her face and kiss her.

"Do you like the ring?" I ask when I prepare to put it on her hand and she nods.

"It's gorgeous baby, you did a good job. Who helped you pick it? You nailed it" She says watching it closely and I smile.

"No one knew. Or you would've known this was coming" I say laughing and she nods.

"That is true. Thank you baby, this is not what I expected. I thought you were of the type to decide with time" She says hugging me and I hug her back.

"You made me the type to wait for the right moment and the right time and this is it" I say happily and everyone comes to congratulate us.

"You really like to go big or go home uh? An apartment in one year, a ring the next. What will it be next year?" She teases and I shrug.

"Maybe a car? I don't know yet. Ask me and you will receive whatever you want" I say kissing her forehead and she smiles.

"I love you mi amor" She says happily looking at her ring once again. "Don't you think it's too big?"

"I know you wouldn't like it big, that is only two carats, it's a very good size and it looks great on you. You deserve the best, I can get you something even bigger"

"No. No. It's fine like this baby, nothing bigger is needed. Forget it" She says shaking her head.

"So. Maya Sainz? It sounds good" Camila says happily.

"It sounds heavenly" I say back making them laugh.

"You are head over heels and I love it" Camila says happily hugging me.

"Make our girl happy. Just keep doing whatever you do already" Mariana says when she hugs me.

"She is well taken care of. I just want her to be my wife. I want her to be a Sainz, I want her to have access to everything she may need in case something happens to me, and I want her to be secure and safe. She is my wife already" I was being honest.

We do everything a husband and a wife should do. This is more of a formality. I would love to see her in a wedding dress, she would look divine and I am loving just the thought of it.

"Stop daydreaming" Maya says laughing.

"I was just watching my future wife. You look good as always" I say before leaving their side and going to my sisters who had Mateo with them.

"You two are finally getting married" Ana says happily.

"We have it all, why not make it official all the way?" I say excitedly picking up my son from their middle.

"You both deserve it. I never saw you that hooked up. That is love in its purest way. I can't believe it all started with that cute little boy, we were all so shocked" Blanca says with watery eyes.

"He is our blessing. Look at him! I never thought a kid would be the best thing in my life two years ago and here I am" I say laughing and looking proudly at my little copy.

"I just feel sorry for Maya, she has to endure you for the rest of her life or yours, poor girl. And the kid has your hair so it's going to be messy for her. You two better start working on a partnership with Pantene or L'Oreal" Ana said and we all started laughing. Oh, how I haven't missed being roasted by my sisters.

"So funny. My wife doesn't seem that worried so you should be thankful she is willing to deal with me or you two would have to deal with me way more time than you do" I say before walking out.

"Are you three still bickering? Jesus" My dad asks with a reprimanding tone and I laugh.

"We wouldn't be siblings if we didn't do that" I say laughing.

"Well. If you like your sisters so much you should start thinking about a sibling for our little boy" My mom says to which I quickly shake my head.

"No. That is on hold. We have Mateo to worry about and I am always out, it's not fair. We will wait a few years" I say looking at Maya who happily talked with the girls, which also included my sisters too.

This is what moving on feels like and I love it.

----------------------

Hello there!

As you must've guessed, Carlos' story and Charles' story are coming to an end. Since that is happening I will have the two most-voted stories coming to the rescue to substitute them.

One was Mr. Arrogant with Carlos Sainz and the other was Gold Digger with Lance Stroll. I hope you like them as much as I do. The first chapter will be posted today at the same time as this one. They will be posted on Wednesdays and Sundays as you are used to.

I wish you all the best and I will now wait to see the Miami Grand Prix.

Love you all. Anything you need message me or comment <3