𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

♬ You clinged to my body like you wanted it forever
What a time
For you and I ♬

Maya Martinez POV

The news quickly spread around and Carlos confirmed it, he confirmed we were having a boy together and we were very happy about it and wished not to be disturbed and to have some privacy. I was glad he was being so open about it all. He took care of everything. He made time for every appointment, he always took me to the pharmacy afterward. He was more involved than I could ever imagine from a one-night stand.

Once the season ended he came to Madrid and we started decorating his house, especially the baby's room, even though he would always be with one of us, especially me. By Christmas, we were living together to get used to it and I was way too pregnant to do anything. I was huge, I was scared of how I would lose all of it. His family would come here for Christmas and they would see Carlos' house finally decorated by me, I did most of it. It wasn't a man cave but it wasn't child-friendly.

"Hello!" Ana says excitedly hugging me and rubbing my belly slightly.

"Welcome" I say showing them where to put their jackets and purses.

"You are looking gorgeous" His mom says happily.

"I still exist" I hear Carlos says as he steps out of the kitchen.

"Of course you do. But you are not carrying the first grandchild so I would just go back from where you came from" His dad says clearly not impressed.

"I am helping as much as I can" He says getting closer from behind me and resting his hand on my belly, rubbing it lightly. "How are you feeling? You should sit down, and stop being so hyperactive. You are having this baby in a month, enjoy the rest"

"I'm doing fine. I can do whatever I want" I say but a few minutes later I was sitting on the couch after showing everyone the house.

"It's gorgeous, you did a great job" His mom says excitedly.

It was a great evening, I was glad he had such a great family. Everyone drank a fair bit as was expected. They were all happy and excited for the new year because that's when our baby boy will be born. There is only a month left and I can't even believe it, it's all going so well, I think I'm anxious about the whole birth experience and postpartum recovery.

I am scared of all the pain I will feel and I am scared of not getting any sleep for months. I know babies are like that so I will be ready no matter what but I am scared and I would be lying if I said I wasn't. I want our baby to be healthy and to come home with us. That is all I want.

They would stay in the guests' bedrooms and I would sleep with Carlos for tonight. We went to bed around 4 AM after a lot of games, talk, and video calls from the girls and their families. I was brushing my teeth and Carlos got in with only his pants on and started brushing his teeth.

"What?" He asks while he reached for the towel to dry his chin after brushing his teeth, I shake my head and leave the bathroom before saying something I might regret. I'm 8 months pregnant, I can't seduce him as I did on our vacation.

"Good night" I say preparing to sleep and he lays down with a confused look.

"Why were you looking at me like that?" He asks clearly still curious.

"Like what? I just zoned out, don't think too much into it" I say playing dumb because I am not about to get softly rejected.

"Whatever you want baby" He says shrugging and putting his phone to charge. I do the same and turn to sleep. "Come here" He says and I get closer to him.

He gets closer and I was preparing for a peak on the lips but I wasn't prepared for the passionate kiss that happened. What does that mean? Was he thinking the same thing? Is he still attracted to me? Well, either way, this is unexpected.

"You should slow on the drinking next time, I didn't even see you drink" I say when we stop to take a breath.

"If you think I need a drink to fuck you, then you couldn't be more wrong. I am as sober as you" He whispers with a raspy voice and I gulp nervously.

"And are you as horny as me or is it the pregnancy?" I ask getting so close that I was almost touching his lips as I talked. I felt his hand lowering until he grabbed my ass and pulled me as closely as an 8-month pregnant belly allowed.

"Believe me, I am as horny as you cariño" He says kissing me once again and this time we didn't have the intention to stop.

"Carlos. Where the fuck are you going?" I ask when he gets up.

"I am going to close the door, do you want to have sex with the possibility of a family member getting in?" He asks while going to his door.

"Not really, but they are grown-ups, they know how to knock. Jesus Christ, you ditched a horny pregnant lady" I say crossing my arms and he bursts out laughing.

"I will never ditch you cariño, you are stuck with me for life" He says starting to walk back to the bed.

"Can I be on top? We don't have many options with this huge thing between us" I ask and he nods smiling.

"You can do whatever you want, I will always say yes" He says giving me a peak before laying down by my side.

"Why would you always yes to me?" I ask curiously.

"Because it's you. I don't know. I never said no to you" He says shrugging.

"Well, let me ride you then, while I still can" I say and I see his smile getting wide before pulling me closer to kiss me.

Am I in love? I hope I find out soon if it's the hormones or if I love him.