𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

♫ When I held your hair
'Cause you had too much ♫

Maya Martinez POV

Time got out of our hands. We got back home after our vacation, Carlos came by our apartment every day for dinner basically every day until his summer break ended, our checkup went fine. The baby is evolving nicely and is by all means healthy for 14 weeks. A week after Carlos' birthday we will know what the gender is. We had the ultrasound scheduled tightly because he had two race weekends around it. 

I chose not to go to Belgium or the Netherlands, I would to the ultrasound with him and then we will go to Italy. I like Italy, I always wanted to be in an Italian city and I've already been to an Italian island so it will be good. My belly was growing little by little for the last 2 weeks, it was sudden but I liked it weirdly, I mean the growth was now noticeable. Before it looked bloated but now I actually look pregnant for those who know.

"Carlos' birthday is in two days, what can you offer to someone who has everything?" I ask sitting on the couch as we were finishing breakfast.

"You are giving him a child. Just him the belly you have been hiding from him for the last 2 weeks and he will be happy" Mariana says laughing.

"Don't say that! It just grew like two inches, I'm not huge yet. I'm clearly going for it" I say rubbing the now existent belly and they smile.

"You are going to be the cutest and hottest mom" Camila says getting up from her chair and slightly resting her hand on my belly.

"What if I find out the gender and tell him? We discussed we wanted a gender reveal and after the last ultrasound, he said it would be up to me to do whatever I wanted. I could go today to the doctor, ask her to put it in an envelope, and make his birthday cake with the color inside" I say and they stop in their tracks.

"That would be genius, he wouldn't be counting on it" Camila says surprised.

"That will do it then" I say picking up my phone.

I call my obstetrician, who had a slot open for me this afternoon. I went, I talked to Carlos' mother saying I wanted to know where she had the cake ordered and she took me there. She knew it was a surprise so she waited outside. When the day finally came I felt nervous, a lot of people were there, his whole family was there, a few drivers were also there and I had Camila and Mariana who took the day off.

"You look stunning" I hear Carlos's voice out of nowhere and I just smile. "Wait a minute, give me a spin cariño" He says helping me sping with his hand.

"Did you like it?" I ask nervously and I see his eyes were focused on my belly.

"Do I like it? I love it! I've been waiting for this moment. You look even better than you already did" He says lightly resting his hand on my belly and I smile.

"It seems like it just started growing out of nowhere" I say excitedly and he proudly smiles.

"Are the snacks to your liking?" Reyes asks nervously and I nod.

"They are so good! You don't need to worry about it, I'm easily pleased" I say happily.

Time was going by fast, the cake opening time was almost here and I was a nervous wreck.

"Everyone is giving him such great gifts. I'm taking mine back" I say going to the kitchen but Camila stops me.

"It's going to be fine. He will love it, I am dying for it and it's not my baby. It will be fine" Camila says excitedly.

"It's time for the cake!" Carlos's dad says excitedly. I'm almost shaking, my palms were sweating and I was nervous about what could come out of it. He was with the guys but he got close to me while the cake was being brought in, I didn't even notice him.

"My mom says you had something to do with the cake. Did you design it or something?" He asks curiously.

"Kind of. You will see it" I say and they stop the 3-tier cake in the middle of the room.

"That is genius" He says laughing while he looked with detail at each tier. One was about Ferrari, another about Real Madrid, and the last had logos from the teams he went through.

"It's pretty cool" Ana says and I just laugh nervously.

"Come here cariño" Carlos says before everyone started singing happy birthday and I go to his side, watching as both Mariana and Camila were taking videos.

"There is a surprise there so take your time cutting it" I whisper and he looks at me curiously.

"You didn't" He whispers surprisedly.

"I did" 

He nodded and as the song ended he looked at me and smiled. I don't think he knows what to expect and I know nobody knew it. This will be a showstopper and I don't like bringing attention to myself. I tried to take a few steps back but he held my hand with his free hand. He cut a piece from the top tier and prepared to get it out.

"Is this what I think it is?" He asks holding it and I shrug.

"Maybe, I'm not a mind reader. Happy birthday guapo" I say and he smiles, leans closer, and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Whatever it is, I know the best gift I could ever have is coming from you" He whispers before focusing on the cake.

I feel my heart racing, my palms sweat even more, and I finally see it. Carlos's face changed as soon as he realized what it meant and so did everyone's. Oh, God.