𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔

♬ I know we didn't end it like we were supposed to
And now we get a bit tense ♬

Carlos Sainz POV

We had sex on Christmas, it was unexpected but it was the best gift I could've got. In Spain, we would do the gift exchange on the 6th of January. The girls would be spending new years here too. They have been coming regularly, especially on the weekends to be with Maya. They clearly miss her even though it's only been a month since she moved. I thought it would be more stressful to live with her but I like it.

I have someone to keep me company, someone who helps me, and someone to come home to. We had sex at least once a day between Christmas and New Year's eve. I guess we were keeping it for too long and when she gives birth that won't be an option and I'm fine with it honestly. We will be having a baby, sex is the last thing on my mind.

"There is the most gorgeous pregnant woman I've ever seen! Hello everyone!" Camila says excitedly getting in after I've opened up the door and Mariana goes after her. My family introduces themselves and they start talking while dinner was getting done.

"Last year as childless adults" Maya says and I nod smiling, looking at everyone as we were in the kitchen. My house has the open space concept with the kitchen and living room being open and I love it because of that.

"I'm excited for the next chapter of our lives. I really am and I am thankful you were able to contact me. I didn't want to be a deadbeat dad. I will give my best to be there every step of the way" I say and she hugs me.

"I am glad to have you. You made it bearable" She says grateful and I nod.

"You don't have to thank me. I will never be able to thank you for carrying our child but I will try to make it worth it" I say giving her a peck on the lips because no one was watching. Or I thought they were until everyone was silent.

"Well, that is new but not surprising" My dad says bringing back the talkative atmosphere.

"We got caught" Maya says with her cheeks as red as a tomato and I laughed.

"We are having a kid, they know what we did. Don't worry" I say letting out a laugh and she laughs too.

"Maya!" Mariana calls her and she looks curiously. "Carlos' mom can't believe you never had a boyfriend, she thinks you are too pretty for that"

"I never had one. I was focused on high school so I could get my scholarships and then I was focused on my bachelor's degree and I was grieving for a long time after my parents died. I guess I never had the headspace for that" Maya says thinking about what she was saying.

"I think you are very mature and a great woman. I am glad you are the mother of our grandchild. He couldn't have been luckier" My mom says and I see Maya gets emotional.

"It felt good to hear that. Thank you Reyes" Maya says going to hug her. This is what I love, seeing everyone in such a warming atmosphere. They all liked her, nobody was holding back. This kid will be lucky, that is true.

"Let's go to the table, the food is ready" I say and everyone gets up excitedly. Today my whole extended family was here, including my grandparents, uncles, cousins, and Caco.

Everyone was loving Maya, they were happy for the new generation that we were about to start. I think 2022 will be a very happy year for our family. For Maya and me it will be challenging but more than worth it. Everyone talked about all kinds of things, they asked Maya to tell things about her, asked about her degree and her ambitions, offered help, and told her they knew some people who could employ her.

We have talked about it before, she denied my help and I couldn't make her accept so I gave her the next greatest thing. Peace. She can have some peace while raising our child, she can stop worrying about bills and surviving, and she can finally be peaceful with everything around her.

"This year was great and I have to thank you all for the unending support. I would laugh about this if you told me a year ago that this is how I would be, I am thankful my son will grow into such a loving family and have such a huge support system" Maya says when we finished eating and everyone smiles.

"Your son will be born into our family and you are in the family already, it doesn't matter if you get married to Carlos or not. You are family not too darling" My dad says proudly.

"And I will proudly accept that offer" She says looking at me and I smile.

"I have some games for us to play while waiting for midnight" I say getting up and everyone starts cleaning the table while I went upstairs to get the games.

"Jesus Christ, he is getting stronger" Ana says with her hand on Maya's belly and she laughs.

"He is! He is a hell of a strong kicker" Maya says laughing and I give her a wink.

"You are in love" Blanca says when we crossways in the kitchen while everyone was back to sitting down.

"I could be, I'm not going to blatantly deny it. But she is having my baby, what if she is going with it for the hormones?" I ask doubtfully and she laughs.

"Nobody will handle a man for 9 months because of hormones. Pregnant women get angry, hungry, and fussy. They don't fall in love" Blanca says clearly amused.

"We have time to figure out what we both want, I will respect her to the end"

"I agree with that. Go ahead, make her feel loved. She needs to know she is being reciprocated" She says as we headed out. I sat by Maya's side as I did before and while everyone chose what game they wanted to play I rested my hand on her belly and she smiled, leaning back on my chest.

"Are you okay?" She asks with a smile and I nod with a bigger smile.

"Better than ever cariño" I say giving her a kiss on the forehead.