𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

♫ And when they've grown up
You're still the girl in the club ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

We woke up the next day, in my bed. I looked at her as the sun hit my window and I smiled. She looked gorgeous, I would also like to know where she got the guts to say last night what I wanted to speak about for the past weeks.

"Fuck!" I hear her say as she sits up quickly.

"Be careful. Are you okay?" I ask worriedly, trying to hold her.

"I need to throw up" She says heading to the bathroom and I follow her to hold her hair. When it ends she brushes her teeth and sits on the bed. "I'm sorry" She mutters clearly embarrassed.

"Fuck that! Are you alright? Can I do something?" I ask resting my hand on her belly and she smiles.

"I'm fine, it happens sometimes, not every day but sometimes"

"Let's have some light breakfast and get some rest" I say and make a sign for her to go first.

"You got here after us and you are already eating breakfast?" Maya asks confusedly as she sees everyone eating breakfast outside on the couch we fucked in last night.

"It's almost 11 AM. You two slept a lot, you were finishing your shower when we got home so we didn't bother you" Mariana says and Maya nods picking up some bread and butter.

"You got your man?" Camila asks and Maya chokes, widens her eyes and almost hit her.

"You can say that" Maya answers and everyone lets out a laugh.

"Well, I'm glad the sexual tension has eased" Caco says relieved and I roll my eyes.

"Today we will just stay here and get some sun, she is feeling nauseous and we all need some rest" I say and everyone seems pleased.

"No! We have less than one week, let's just walk for a bit" She says clearly feeling guilty.

"You are going to lay down, get some sun and I will drive us back to Sardegna. Don't be stubborn, we have seen everything we needed to see, it will be good to relax" I say and she nods.

"Fine, but it's just because everyone wants to relax or I wouldn't do it. My pregnancy is not a reason for slacking or disturbing other people" Maya says seriously and I laugh.

"Your pregnancy is a reason for slacking and for disturbing me with anything you want. It's our child and that is more than enough" I say and she gets quiet.

She did as she was told. We spent the day eating, drinking refreshing drinks, and discreetly checking up on her to see how she was doing. We played some games and as dinner came we were in Sardegna.

"Do you think it's going to be a boy or girl?" She asks as we lay on the floor looking at the stars.

"I don't care at this point, I just want him to be healthy and you to be fine. Boy or girl, the baby will be loved either way" I say and she smiles.

"I hope the baby gets your looks. Should we do a baby shower?" She asks and I think about it.

"I want it all. Is that stupid?" I asked letting out a laugh.

"I want it all too. It's probably the only child I will ever have, I will get everything I have a right to"

"I will give both of you everything so tell me what you want cariño" I say happily. I would give her anything and I don't think it's only because she's carrying my child.

"I want a baby shower, the gender reveal I think it should be something simple and you can post whatever you want, I don't care. I want us to decorate the baby's room at your house together" She says and I think she wanted such simples stuff that it made me excited to have those moments with her. I love doing simple stuff with her.

"We will do all that baby. Don't worry about it. You will everything anyone can dream of and so will he. I will spoil you even if you say no, just go with it" She laughed but I was being serious.

"I'm fine as it is, I don't need money to be happy. Sure, Ferrari's are comfortable and all that but so is my couch. I'm fine with making memories. I loved this trip but I will love to stay at home with you and our baby for a week and just be together. That is what matters" She says putting her hand on mine and I hugged her. I know she lost her parents and I can't imagine that pain, but I don't want her to suffer.

"We will do that when he is born. It will be just us for whatever we have until the F1 season starts. I don't really care about anything else" I whisper trying to comfort her but that's all I wanted now. Me, her and our little one just hanging out and losing our mind with a newborn.

"I like you, I'm glad to have met you" She whispers and we just stay three holding each other.

Is it okay to fall in love with the mother of my child? I don't think it's unexpected, maybe the baby is mixing our emotions but I don't think this is wrong and out of the blue. I've slowly gotten to know her and I like her. She is all I didn't know I needed, she's stubborn, down to earth, understanding and a little crazy. It might seem weird to say it but she is ambitious, she took a degree that is hard and I found out she was top of the class which makes her exceptionally smart. She survived the loss of her parents, I don't know how or when but she did and I think she is not a quitter and neither am I.

This months will either prove what we feel about each other or not.