𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

♫ I swear to God, when I come home
I'm gonna hold you so close ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

It felt good seeing her get along with everyone in my family, they are always nice and open to new people but she is pregnant with our son, he will be part of the family and so will she even if indirectly. I need them to genuinely like her and I think they do.

"Call me if you need anything" I say as I was dropping her off a little before midnight.

"I will, thank you for today. It was really cool" She says happily and I smile. She opens the door and I see Camila and Mariana sitting on the couch, they immediately turn around and smile when they see us.

"Come in Carlos" Mariana says happily while getting up from the couch.

"I shouldn't. Maya needs to get some rest, the pregnancy is starting to wire her down as time goes by" I say and she shrugs.

"I mean, that's true, she wasn't able to take her usual nap of the day, she must be tired. How was the ultrasound?" Camila asks excitedly.

"The baby is healthy, developing fine. He is perfect for now" Maya says happily and goes inside, I remember her mentioning she needed her nap.

"Will we see you soon?" Camila asks curiously and I shrug.

"I hope so. By the way, what's the perfume you've been using right now? Maya told me she loved the smell, I wanted to buy one for her" I say and she looks surprised.

"Oh- She mentioned something about that. It's called Coco, it's from Chanel I think" She says clearly caught by surprise.

"If I come by tomorrow would you be able to open the door for me? As a surprise?" I ask and they look at each other with a smile.

"Of course! You are more than welcome Carlos. Maya already gave you our numbers, just call or text when you need us to open the door for you. We usually go out for work at 9" Mariana says excitedly.

"I will see you tomorrow then. Take care" I say and leave.

I drive to my house and after a quick shower I go to sleep. I woke up early so I could buy her the perfume but I had to facetime Mariana because there are a few Chanel perfumes and I know nothing on that even if I knew the name, I was clueless, I also got distracted with so many stuff. I bought the ingredients to make her the pancake and all the toppings I found because I didn't know what she would like to go with the pancakes. I bough fruit and went there.

"Welcome back to our humble residence" Camila says as she opens the door and I smile.

"Thank you for having me" I say pretty excited.

"We will be leaving soon, be comfortable. Mi casa es su casa" She says and I let out a laugh.

"I will make sure to let everything as I found it. Do you like pancakes?" I ask and they nod.

"I would tell you to make us some but they wouldn't be good by the end of the day probably" She says shrugging it off.

"I will leave you the batter and you can make them when you come later" I say and they smile.

"You are too good. I'm glad her baby daddy is a good guy, she should have found a boyfriend who was husband material like you sooner" Mariana says picking up her purse.

"Have a nice day girls" I say as they leave and I start what I had to do.

I mixed all the ingredients and started making the pancakes, I had some orange juice that I made with fresh oranges to go with it. When I was finished putting the table she finally shows up. She was on her phone and with a grin on her face.

"Good morning" I lean on the table waiting for the response and I see her slowly raising her gaze to look at me.

"Oh my God! I didn't knew you were here, I'm so sorry. I look like absolute shit" Her complete shock made me smile and I just let out a laugh. She was a bit messy but I liked it, it was genuine like her.

"You look fine. I made you something" I say stepping back from the table and her eyes quickly wonder to the pancakes and they almost shine out of excitement. She looks at me again and smiles.

"Thank you! You made them?" She sits down as she talks and I sit by her side.

"I read a few recipes and decided to do it for you. If you have a craving I should help you with that. I hope you like it" I say while she picked the maple syrup and a banana.

"Try it like this, it's so good! Cut the banana in slices and then put the maple syrup on top, I love it" The excitement in her voice made me do it.

"I didn't know food made you this happy, you need to tell me all your cravings" When I say she gave me a shy smile I'm not even kidding. How does she get shy talking about food? This is too good, and cute.

"I like food, that's it. I'm eating for two, I'm even more focused on food now" She says while pouring the maple syrup and I smile. I like this.

"Did you sleep well? I hope I didn't wake you up"

"Oh no, my bladder woke me up. It's starting to be a habit" She says letting out a laugh.

We talk about a few more stuff, she told me about how much she liked the weekend and how she felt the energy, she said it was crazy. I loved to see how she explained it all, I loved that she also liked the environment. I hope to have my child there with me in the future and I need her approval, this makes it easier. Time goes by really fast when we were together.