𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

♫ You pull me close
Guiding me home ♫

Maya Martinez POV

I heard how she was hitting on him, I also saw the smirk he did when she invited him out, he didn't even think twice, he wasn't going to accept since the beginning. We were now on the boat, our stuff was in the rooms. He had 6 bedrooms so it was easier than expected. Caco and Rupert would come to meet us tomorrow in Mallorca.

I was admiring Carlos with only his bathing shorts driving the yacht. This man looked even better than usual. The girls gave a stupid excuse to leave the boat and I get up and go to Carlos.

"She was gorgeous" I say by his side and he looks at me confusedly.

"Who?" He asks but his smile showed me the amusement he was feeling.

"The waitress who asked you out, the one who said I didn't look like I was your time. She is more similar to Isabel, no doubt about that" I say and his smile widens, he lets go of the wheel and gets closer to me.

"You are gorgeous. I don't want someone similar to Isabel" He says getting closer and wrapping his arms around my waist and I gulp nervously.

"I- Don't do that Carlos"

"Why? Am I going against your will? You can push me, I will sadly let you go" He says as his eyes continued to focus on mine.

"Just- Drive the boat. Don't be a flirt" I say taking a step back and he laughs.

"I'm sorry then. I don't need to be on the wheel for the whole trip" He says sitting down and I just watched him without moving an inch.

"Why did you feel attracted to me? I'm not like her, I knew I was the rebound, I know this is too much but you don't have to be loyal to me, you can be with whoever you want" The look he gave me almost made me shiver, he looked me up and down, picked up his glass and drank the rest that was in it.

"Maya, why don't you try to understand I don't want to be with anyone else right now? You weren't the rebound. I never felt as attracted to anyone else as I feel to you. You drive me nuts. The way you pout unconsciously, the way you lick your lips before taking a sip, the way you make me almost lose control. You are not a rebound. You are my type. Being with a blonde skinny woman doesn't mean that's my type" He says frustrated and I stay quiet.

"I'm sorry" I say and he shakes his head getting up.

"No. This only infuriates me because you are the hottest woman I've ever met. You are gorgeous, you have the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen, and you have amazing green eyes, I've never felt so trapped as I do when you look at me. You have the softest skin and don't even get me started on your figure. You are a goddess and you treat yourself like you are nothing. Look in the mirror. You will be surprised by the beauty you hold Maya. I would choose you over any Isabel or blonde waitress out there. Stop undermining yourself, stop self-sabotaging. You are gorgeous, you are hot. You are to die for"

I got quiet as he got closer, he was being serious, I knew it and I was speechless. Nobody ever said those things to me. I never wanted to look in a mirror for more time than what it was needed. I never thought I was beautiful, I never stopped to see all the details he so easily remembered. I looked at the door that lead downstairs and I see Camila and Mariana smiling.

"Just- Maya. Appreciate yourself and your body. You are insecure and that is perfectly fine. I just want to realize your body will go through huge changes for the next few months and I want to assure you that you will probably be the most beautiful mother around. Appreciate all that your body will go through, that will be hard for you, and I know it. But it will be the most beautiful thing you will go through. I know you want this baby so seeing how amazing your body is might give you a second look at how good you look. I will be here every step of the way" He says leaning his hand on my cheek carefully.

"Are you getting attached Carlos?" I ask with a teasing tone and he smiles.

"I am Maya. I won't deny it"

"Thank you for everything you said. I haven't heard those things in a long time"

"You deserve it cariño"

I had been looking into his eyes for so long that I didn't notice how close I got, I leaned to kiss him and I feel his hand lowering from my cheek to my jaw intensifying the kiss. I took a step back when I needed to catch some air and he went back to the wheel. I drank a little bit more of my Coca-Cola and lay down to catch some more sun.

"That was intense" Mariana whispers laying by my side.

"Shut up" I say trying to ignore what just happened.

"You are really hot, we have tried to tell you that for years" Camila says and I let out a laugh.

"I know, thank you for that. You are my friends, you have to say I'm attractive"

"Maya, I have doubted my own sexuality. I don't have to do that, you are that hot" Mariana says and the three of us laugh.

"By the way. About you falling and him breaking your heart. Forget that I said that, he definitely fell harder already" Camila whispers and I roll my eyes.

"I'm having his baby, he will get through it as quickly as I look like I have a basketball inside of me or as soon as he sees me pushing out a baby" I say making us laugh.

"Doubt it" Camila says and the three of us look at Carlos who was enjoying his time while on his phone. He was pretty entertained as nothing had just happened. This will be interesting.