𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

♬ My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing
I haven't been by your side
In a minute, but I think about it sometimes ♬

Carlos Sainz POV

Maya was breathtaking, I'm not saying it just because it's my son she is carrying. She is glowing, she looks healthy, and she is getting gorgeous by the day. I don't know what changed, but I was feeling crazily attracted to her. I felt the need to be with her the most I could. When Camila called me to ask if I was coming because Maya wasn't feeling good, I dropped everything and came here.

"I got what you asked" Mariana says getting in with Camila while Maya was in the bedroom.

"Thank you! I couldn't deal with not giving her anything. Do you think she will like it?" I ask nervously and they nod.

"She will love it" Camila says excitedly and we hear her bedroom door opening, they hide it and sit on the couch.

"Hello there, where were you? I just went to your bedrooms to look for you" Maya says confusedly.

"We were in our bedrooms and then in the kitchen. Did you two talk? Does Carlos knows tomorrow is somewhat tense? Will we finally be able to cheer you?" Camila asks curiously.

"I told him, but you had no business in bringing him here. He has work to do and he was supposed to be sowhere else that didn't include the woman pregnant with his child. He has no responsibility over my mood" Maya says clearly not happy with their decision.

"I didn't have to be there today, I would have come here gladly if you asked me, no reason was needed, I like being with you, pregnant or not" I say nonchalantly, this was a no-brainer for me.

"I know Carlos, you are a good person, but you are always coming to Madrid because of me. You have to be here once a month because of the ultrasound and then shit like this comes along and I feel guilty because you are already traveling too much. It was my decision not to tell you because you have your own life and I have mine" She says clearly feeling guilty for my presence here.

"I would travel to Madrid every week if I had to. I like being here and I like being with you. It's not just for the baby. You are someone I enjoy spending time with and I would like our lives to be in sync. I have mine, that's true and I like you to be in it the most I can. You have dinner with my family, you went to my birthday, you met my friends and colleagues, and you watched me work. I like it. I will wait for you to open up to me and I know you are doing it slowly. I will show up anytime you need me and you don't have to feel guilty for that"

"You are a great guy" Maya says quietly and I smile.

"Let's get up and go to the kitchen so we can sing happy birthday with the cake I bought. It's almost midnight" I say changing the subject because it was too quiet. I got up and they followed.

"What cake? You were here the whole time" Maya says confusedly.

"I have connections cariño. Just because I stayed doesn't mean I didn't bought what I wanted too. You wanted my company and I gave it to you" I say cheekily and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't be cheeky. I said all I wanted was your company" She says crossing her arms while I opened the box that had her cake.

"I gave you that and I got more to give you. I can do it all, you just need to ask me corazón" I say finally putting the cake in front of her.

"I appreciate the effort. Thank you" She says giving me a hug and clearly giving up on going against me.

We sang happy birthday as soon as midnight came around and she blew out the candles. After that, we talked for a bit before everyone was too tired and needed to go to bed. I was fully ready to sleep on the couch until Maya came out of her bedroom after taking a shower. Her hair was beautifully wet, she was still a bit red from the hot water and she smelled amazingly.

"What are you doing here? You can take a quick shower and get in bed. You are not sleeping on the couch" She doesn't wait for my answer and goes back into her bedroom.

"Are we sleeping together now? Will we be sharing a room when you come with me to the US?" I was teasing her and she quickly turned around as I took my shirt off.

"We had sex already, I didn't think sleeping together for one night would be this big of a deal. If you prefer the couch then keep it" She says clearly annoyed and I laugh.

"I will stay here, sorry to disappoint" I say taking my pants off and going into the bathroom for a quick shower.

I got out with sleep shorts I brought in my suitcase, laid by her side and she put her arm around my waist and her hand on my chest.

"Thank you for being here. I think my birthday is being enjoyable for once" She whispers with a sleepy voice and I smile.

"I will always be here if I know you need me, just be more open and I will do my best cariño" I say before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm not that great at being emotional but I will do my best. Sleep well Carlos" She says while closing her eyes.

"Have a good night Maya" I say and a few seconds later her breathing becomes soother and I knew she was sleeping. "And you too little one. You will have the best mommy ever" I say placing my hand on her visible stomach in the most subtle way I could and the little one kicked.

I can say that I definitely slept well and peacefully.