𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

♪ I've been searchin'
"What does that mean?" ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

I never thought I would be like this but I was excited by this pregnancy, I called and texted every day to make sure she was okay and this was all true. I think this will be a reality as soon as I hold our baby in my arms. She was nice and gorgeous, I don't know how I got someone like that but I like her, I like her presence and the plane ride showed me how spontaneous she was, she had fun with everything, she was simple and I like it.

"How is the first trimester going? A lot of morning sickness?" Rupert asks while we waited for the food we just ordered.

"No, I'm fine. That's why I didn't notice the pregnancy sooner. I'm liking it this far, I've had it easy, only some nauseous and some dizziness sometimes but not close to throwing up every morning and all that" She says with a smile.

"I hope it stays like that, we all want that baby out and healthy, that's all that matters now" Caco says excitedly.

"He will be okay, I know it. I just have to relax and go with the flow, I won't stress as much as I usually do" She says and I nod.

"Please, don't stress. I will help in whatever I can, just tell me" I say and Camila and Mariana smile.

"She is stubborn, she is used to depending on herself, and she has trouble asking us things. She will try to do anything on her own and only calls us when she fails to do so" Camila says shrugging.

"We are all here for you, it's not because it sounds good, I mean it" I say putting my hand on top of hers, she was in front of me in the middle of Mariana and Camila, everyone notices it and smiles.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it, I'm not ungrateful, I'm just- I'm overthinking everything, as I always do. Now I know I have to stop that but I'm doing it slowly. I'm here, I'm doing new things and I like it" She says happily and I smile.

"I like that then. Be happy, and live life, you only live through things once. What if you ask for help? A no is guaranteed and a yes is a plus" I say making her smile more.

"You are all good people. This kid will be lucky" She says happily.

"That kid will be spoiled as fuck" Mariana says and we laugh.

"With Carlos as a dad? He will definitely be the rich kid in class" Caco says laughing.

The food came and the waiter was nice as expected. I was going to start eating but noticed Maya looked a bit lost. She was nitpicking and looked nervous.

"Is everything okay?" I ask and she looks at me a little startled. She was so much in her thoughts she didn't notice I had been watching closely.

"Oh- Yeah" She says giving me a clearly fake smile.

"Do you not like it? You can keep my plate" I say since I barely touched it.

"No, it's just- It's nothing" She says letting it go but I lean back on my chair watching her.

"She gets nauseous with some foods and smells. She also can't eat undercooked meat and this is almost rare" Mariana says and I nod.

"Can she eat what I have?" I ask and both she and Camila nod while Maya just watched.

"Can you not do that? I asked for this, I will eat it" She says when I pick up her plate and switch it with mine.

"Our baby can be put in some kind of danger with undercook meat, and you are a bit picky with texture, smells, and flavors because you are pregnant with our baby. I can't do much but I will do what I can to reduce the impact these changes have on you and the baby. You will eat what I ordered and I will eat what you ordered and we will both be happy. I will do this for the rest of the 7 months we have so tell me and I will help" I say and start eating the food she had and it was pretty good.

"Well, thank you then" She says and finally starts eating, I see Camila and Mariana giving me a thumbs-up clearly happy with what was done.

The guys asked her about her family and her studies. They were generally interested, I told them if they wanted to know anything they had to ask so they did it. We talked for like 2 hours. Camila and Mariana are really cool to be with, they are straightforward and really funny to talk to.

They all met in first grade so a lot of years ago. Went to the same class until their last year of high school. Camila has a bachelor's in accounting and works for a small company in Madrid, Mariana has a bachelor's in public relations and is working for a small family business in Madrid, Maya has the most surprising one, she has a bachelor's in computer engineering.

She was having trouble finding a job and she couldn't stay without a job for too long and then she couldn't go to the interviews or she would be fired. She denied Mariana and Camila's help because she knew they would have to dig into their savings to help her so she just never got in her field for the last year since university ended.

After learning all that and the guys shared some things too, we went to our rooms to get some rest. I had the press conference tomorrow and it was the best time to take Maya to the paddock because there was way less confusion and people than it would be on Friday.

So tomorrow everyone will know that the family Sainz will grow up. I had some talks with my superiors, I talked to Binotto and he said he was happy for me and that he would talk to everyone on the team to make them aware.

It wouldn't affect the team because the birth is during winter break but it's something I feel I should obviously share with the team before everyone knows.

-----------------------

Hello!

As everyone knows Charles' story will end, in precisely two chapters. The story that was most voted on was Lewis, which will be posted at the same time as this chapter so go there and take a peek.

Any requests or doubts you can message me, I'm friendly. If you just want to talk my messages are open too of course.

Thank you and have a good day/night