𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

♬ Even though I know it's not so distant
Oh, no, I still wanna reminisce it ♬

Maya Martinez POV

I woke up the next day and sat down trying to settle down on the idea that I had to recognize today is the day I was born 23 years ago and not only the day my parents died. I felt like I had something in my throat. I hadn't cried today yet. I couldn't. Carlos is here and I'm not going to cry.

"Good morning corazón" I hear Carlos' husky voice and I almost tremble. Pregnancy hormones are not helping me.

"Good morning. Are you in a good mood?" I asked smiling as he sat down and ran his hand through his hair.

"Always. How are you feeling? Do you ant to stay in?" He asks curious and starts to get up and I see his whole body, Jesus christ.

"I'm fine, it's a bittersweet day, I will get through it" I say shrugging and getting up as he put his shirt on and smiles.

"I'm here for you, let's just get through it. Maybe next year you will have a better vision of this day" He says and I am interested.

"What do you mean?"

"They were your parents, they were celebrating the fact you were born, you were their biggest blessing. They wouldn't want you to cloud your day because of an unfortunate event. You didn't cause it. You will be a mom, you will understand what they would've wanted from you" He says slightly resting his hand on my waist and I nod.

"That makes sense. Camila and Mariana said that, and so did their parents. I think I am just stuck on that car still" I say and he nods.

"We are here for you. You will eat now and I hope you finally open the gift I got you, don't be stubborn" He says leading me to the kitchen where the girls were waiting with breakfast ready.

"Hello there" Mariana says happily.

We started talking for a bit, they had the day off, and they always asked for my birthday off so it was no news. We decided to go for a walk, I asked Carlos to drop us off at my old neighborhood, I had no courage to come here for the last 3 years. I got out of the car and looked around, some things didn't seem to change. I looked at our apartment building and saw our windows were still covered, it hasn't sold yet. Fantastic.

"May I ask what are we doing here?" Carlos asks walking behind me curiously and looking around.

"That apartment is where I grew up" I say pointing to the covered windows and his demeanor seems to change.

"It's a good neighborhood. You couldn't handle living here?"

"The house was possessed by the bank to pay off their debts and clearly hasn't sold yet" I say and he nods. "They are buried in the cemetery two blocks away"

We walked there and Carlos bought some flowers at the entrance. We got in and Camila and Mariana stayed behind so I and Carlos could go ahead. I talked for a bit, it was hard. Carlos held my hand the entire time. It was good weather and I felt relieved to be here this year. I wasn't feeling guilty like I had been the last years. I was okay.

"You were the perfect mix of both of them" Carlos says as we were leaving and I see the girls taking their flowers and talking to them.

"Thank you, I'm glad. Nobody could ever tell who I looked more like. They had pretty similar features" I say letting out a laugh.

"They would be proud of you. Did you get to keep the things from the old house?" He asks as we slowly walked back to the car, the girls could easily catch up with us.

"No, I was staying with Camila's parents, their families are really supportive, we have known each other for a long time. They sent me a notice and I had a few days to get things out. I didn't have space so I took the photo albums I found and my clothes. A sweat my dad loved and a dress my mom wore all the time. That was it" I say looking at the ground. I could never get my childhood back, everything was probably in the trash or gathering dust.

"I can find a way for us to go inside and I can put everything for you in a storage unit" He says still holding my hand and I shake my head.

"It's already emptied probably. Don't worry about it. Thank you for coming here, I feel way better than I thought I would. It was great to talk to them about my life, even if I'm just talking to myself. I felt lighter. I only come on their birthdays and this is better, I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders" I say happily and his smile grows wider.

"Open my gift, if you want you can open it when I'm away" He says and I nod.

"I will open it when we get home"

"Come here" He says as we get to the car, he leans on it and opens his arms, I hug him and hear his heartbeat, it was relaxing. I was hugging him while I saw the place where I grew up. And in a few months, we will be in the place where our kid will grow up. I hope he feels as much happiness as I do when he sees the place of his childhood.

"I don't deserve you but I'm happy you are the man who I will be raising a child with" I say and feel his hand on my chin carefully lifting my face up to look at him.

"You deserve everything life may give you cariño. You deserve way more than you allow yourself to enjoy" He says giving me a quick kiss.

"Can I go with you to the race? I know I said I wouldn't go" I ask and he smiles.

"You are always invited if I'm already there. I will always find a way to get you to where I am" He says caressing my hair.

"Stop being so damn perfect" I say frustrated. I felt my heart racing, I felt the butterflies and I definitely couldn't stop looking at his lips every time he talked.

"Stop mesmerizing me, you keep me drawn into you" He says locking his eyes on mine. This is tense.

"This is a dangerous game" I say as I felt the urge to kiss him.

"This is not a game" He says kissing me and I wrap my arms around his neck, his hand goes to my cheek and I know I was out of breath when it ended.

I took a step back and saw the girls smiling at me and pretended nothing happened. They just got in the car and we went home where they were keeping me busy. We had fun, we played some games and then I went into my room and decided to open the gift Carlos gave me wile they were on the living room.

--------------------

Hey! I wanted to start by thanking everyone for the support and everything!

As you can probably see, Lewis's story is coming to an end and with that, I wanted to give you some options for the next one to be published since I have a lot of drafts. Here it goes:

- Complex with Sebastian Vettel

- What Is Love with Max Verstappen (Single dad alert)

- Hate to Love You with Max Verstappen

- Mr. Arrogant with Carlos Sainz

- All For Love with Pierre Gasly

- I Got U with Daniel Ricciardo (Single dad alert)

- Rules with Toto Wolff (this is a risky one and I know it, don't judge me 😂🙏🏻)

Let me know which ones you would like to read. For any other driver or request, you can message me. I'm friendly, I promise.

Love you all and keep some attention to my profile for these new stories.

Have a good day/night ❤.