𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

♪ Clean up my yard, get the noose out
Hang up my heart, let it air out ♪

Maya Martinez POV

It was good knowing Carlos' family, I noticed some suspicions at first but now I think they know I am not after his money or fame or whatever. I want this baby to have a family, to be healthy, and have everything he needs, I also want him to have a father and Carlos can give him all that. He is nice, and he was nice since the beginning, I expected a lot worse so he surprised me with his reaction and then his family's reaction. It was definitely heartwarming.

"How was it?" I hear Camila ask as soon as I take my shoes off.

"Were they rude?" Mariana asks and I laugh.

"They were the nicest. But I kinda feel like shit" I say and sit on the couch with both of them by my side pretty surprised.

"Why?" Mariana asks confusedly.

"He broke up with his ex at the beginning of the year after 3 years with her. He didn't want marriage and kids. Now he is having a kid with a stranger. Poor woman" I say and they are surprised.

"Oh my god. I mean, you didn't want kids now but that heartbeat made you change your mind. I think it's just something you only know when it's in front of your face" Camila says and I nod.

"But it's pretty wild that he wouldn't compromise on that with his ex but he accepted a child with Maya in a heartbeat. Maybe deep inside he knew she wasn't the one" Mariana says shrugging.

"I don't know, I just hope nobody attacks me for this. I think I will go to Hungary with him. I have nothing to lose" I say and they seem excited.

"I talked to my boss, he said I could take those days off" Mariana says excitedly.

"Mine was pretty cool with it too. Everyone will die of jealousy when I post pictures in the paddock and garages. I searched all the terms so I don't look dumb" Camila says excitedly and we laugh.

"You have to teach me, I will be under too much pressure. I can't be seen as the dumb and ignorant gold digger" I say as they shake their heads.

"Fuck what they think. Carlos is the one that matters, he is the father" Camila says and I nod.

So I talked to Carlos, quit my job, and started to search for a remote position so I could earn my own money for bills and all that. My degree allowed it but it would take a while to find and Carlos didn't mind helping me meanwhile. For the next week he called me every day while he took breakfast before training and he was the nicest guy I could ever know. He texted me all the time to make sure I was okay.

I also learned a lot about how Formula 1 worked and it was pretty cool, I saw some of his races and I was pretty stuck watching the races and seeing how it all went down. On the 28th Carlos came to get us for the airport and they looked surprised to see him.

"You are even more handsome outside of the club lights. What a pretty baby you two will have" Mariana says after greetings and I almost blush from embarrassment.

"I'm glad to know that, I don't want to disappoint" He says letting out a laugh.

"Oh, believe me. Maya was not disappointed a single time during this journey. Neither were we" Camila says getting in the back and I let out a laugh trying not to cry out of embarrassment.

"They are something else. I understand why you all get along. I like it" He says opening the door for me.

"Thanks, I guess" I say getting in and he smiles closing the door.