𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

♬ I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark
And we stayed up for hours
What a time ♬  

Carlos Sainz POV

Maya was taking a bit long in the bedroom so I knew she was opening the gift I got her. Or that I asked the girls to buy it because she wanted me here. I was falling, hard. I admit it. She finally appears and she looked at me clearly not liking the money spent on the gift, I could tell it. She always made the same face whenever I spent money on her, the things from Chanel earned me the same look.

"I'm glad you liked it" I say letting out a laugh.

"How much did it cost? Are you trying to go bankrupt before the baby is born?" She asks seriously believing it.

"Yeah... It's not easy for me to go bankrupt. I would have to spend that every day for a few years, which I definitely don't do. And even if I did I still have my paycheck so it would restart. Did you like it?" I ask and she sits by my side.

"Yeah. It was a good jewelry set. Why did you buy me jewelry?" She asks confusedly.

"You usually wear the same one, the ones I bought you made me remember your eyes when I first saw them under the sunlight. So I asked them to go to the store and buy it. I was thinking of buying it for Christmas but your birthday came first" I say happily.

"Thank you for that" She says resting her head on my shoulder.

"I hope he has your eyes" I say and she smiles.

"Let's wait and see" She says before letting out a yawn.

"I booked the flight for tomorrow at 11, it's a long one so I booked a private flight" I say and she nods.

"That's fine by me" She says closing her eyes and I see she quickly falls asleep.

"I should take her to bed" I say and the girls nod.

"Do you like her? You know, more than a friend" Camila asks and I stop to think. Should I say it?

"I do, I really do. I enjoy my time with her and she keeps pulling me in. I don't think it's the baby situation alone. I think we could be something else" I say and both of them smile.

"Well, if you survive the newborn phase then it was definitely more than raising a child together" Mariana says excitedly.

"I truly do believe we can go through it together" I say and pick up Maya from the couch carefully.

"Have a good night, take care of them for us" Mariana says also getting up.

I took her to bed and I was glad we had taken a shower and put on some pajamas as soon as we got there. I fell asleep quickly and woke up to her packing her suitcase. I helped her, made breakfast and we went to the airport to catch the flight. It was a long flight to Texas, we talked for a bit but I had to join a few reunions through video and it was a bit boring. She was having fun, she watching something on Netflix. 

We got there and she stayed in the hotel room next to mine. I still had about a week before the weekend of the race came but I wanted her to clear up her head and see something different while she still could. We had days of walking around and it was fun, we shared some kisses, she seemed way better since her birthday. She was very obviously pregnant and as soon as we entered the paddock on Friday all eyes were on her.

I told her not to hide, she was saying she would be in a sweatshirt but it's too hot and I'm not ashamed. I told her to dress in whatever she wanted and she put on a dress and I loved it. She was looking gorgeous.

"I should've hidden it, everyone is looking" She says nervously as we were heading to Ferrari's garage

"There is no reason to hide it" I say and intertwine my hand with hers to make sure the message was clear and that she didn't get lost.

"Maya! You are looking gorgeous" I hear Charles say as soon as we get in.

"Thank you" Maya says clearly more relaxed than when we were outside. I give her a kiss on the forehead before going to greet Mattia and the people who were around my car. I came back like half an hour later and they were still talking.

"How is the boy behaving? Does he kick a lot?" Charles asks curiously and Maya nods.

"He is doing good, he is not an aggressive kicker so I'm lucky so far" She says happily.

"I need you to take a picture of us outside the garage" I say taking my phone out and giving it to Charles who gladly took it.

"What?" Maya asks confusedly.

"We took a picture when you first came to watch. Let's take another one. We have been taking them in Madrid but here is even better" I say heading outside and she follows.

"You are serious about taking a picture every month" She says letting out a laugh. We make the exact position we did 2 and a half months ago and Charles takes a few pictures.

"Thank you" I say taking back my phone and smiling.

"I will stay in one of the chairs by Mattia's side" She says as I headed to my car.

"Go ahead. Stay where you are comfortable, they can find a way around you" I say giving her a quick kiss and leaving for the car.

"Is it official? You are a couple?" Charles asks before putting on his balaclava.

"No, we are enjoying these months. Let's see how it goes, I don't want to rush anything. I won't rush something that has to endure for the rest of our lives whether we want it to or not" I say and he nods.

I get in the car and get ready to do the practice.

-------------------------------

Hello there!

The F1 season is about to start and so are the new stories I made you choose from. The winner was Max's story called "What Is Love?". The first chapter will be posted at the same time as this one.

Under high demand, I also decided that I would post Toto's story once a week, as well as Daniel's story. It would be more feasible if I do it less frequently than twice a week because of work and college. So I will post on Sunday and maybe once in a while on Wednesdays.

I wish you are all safe and I thank you all for your unending support.

Love you all.