𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

♫ I swear to God, every day
He won't take you away ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

My birthday couldn't be going better. Everyone I loved was here, Maya was stunning with her belly showing and I was gushing over it because I knew that is our kid there. I couldn't stop smiling, every time I looked at her I wanted to touch her, to caress her belly and maybe touch her in other ways. She said there was a surprise but I guess I didn't really think about it until I took the slice of cake out.

It was blue, I stopped to think and then it hit me. She is 4 months. Our baby is a boy. Everyone's faces dropped at the same time as me and I looked at her with the biggest smile.

"IT'S A BOY" I scream happily and hug her.

"We are having a mini you then" She whispers and I nod smiling.

"This is the best surprise you could've given me" I say looking into her eyes.

"There is not much to give to a guy who has everything" She says smiling.

"Keep this one, you deserve it" I say giving her the first slice, and then we cut the rest of the slices for everyone.

While we ate people congratulated us and I was just proud. I'm going to have a boy. I would be happy with anything but I am happy to know he is a boy, now I can start buying stuff for him. People started leaving until it was just her, Mariana, Camila, my parents, and my sisters.

"I wasn't expecting it, what a wonderful surprise" My mom says happily as we sat on the couch.

"I just thought it was a good idea, thank you for the help" Maya says excitedly and lays her head on my shoulder.

"She was a nerve-wreck, she didn't know what to give you but she quickly came up with this. It was so cute. You two will be great parents, we were recording your reactions and it was so genuine, you were almost in sync. I am so happy you have each other" Mariana says happily.

"I am lucky to have Carlos. Our boy is lucky too" Maya says smiling.

"I want the video" I say excitedly.

"I am going to the bathroom. Again" Maya says getting up and leaving the room.

"She is such a sweet girl" Ana says happily. I could tell they liked her.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Maya asks when she comes back.

"No, why?" I ask confusedly.

"Someone was knocking on the door, maybe someone forgot something" She says sitting down and my mom gets up and goes to the door. Seconds later I see Isabel showing up.

"Oh. I didn't know she would be here" Isa says surprised and Maya was clearly not pleased.

"They are having a child, of course she would be here" Blanca says clearly angry with her disgusted look. Didn't she apologize the last time we saw her?

"I came to wish a happy birthday and maybe we could talk, if you can spare me a few minutes alone" She says and I shrug.

"You have 5 minutes" I say going to my backyard with her.

"Carlos, I know she is trying to trap you and I know it was wrong of me to push a marriage and a baby on you, especially with your career. But she is trapping you. She is everywhere. She was on the paddock trying to prove you were hers, at the party, she was all over you, she went on vacation with you, I saw the pictures and now she is here. Have you at least done a paternity test? You are her ticket out of poverty" She says and I take a deep breath.

"She is not trapping me. We had decisions to make. I asked if she wanted to keep it and she asked me if I would want to keep it. We decided to go ahead. I am the one pursuing her. I am the one who wanted to show her what I do for work, I am the one who invited her to parties and dinners with my family and my birthday. I insist on it. Maya is great, she has a bachelor's degree, and she doesn't need me. She just needs a bit of luck, she has everything to succeed. She is the mother of my child" I say and she listened carefully.

"Do a paternity test, you will need it. Don't sign the birth certificate before knowing you are the father. She could've been having one-night stands and decided to pin it on you" She says and I almost believed it, until I realized it's Maya we are talking about.

"I can take care of myself. Thank you for stopping by but I would appreciate you didn't come here again. It's my house and there is no need for your presence in here again" I say and she nods. We get inside and as I was getting her to the door I see Maya running in my direction.

"Carlos! He kicked!" She says excitedly and I stopped in my tracks.

"What? Now?" I ask excitedly quickly taking my hand to her stomach.

"Yes! It was soft but you could feel it" She was so happy that I completely forgot what Isabel said, I believe Maya. This is my kid, this is my boy and I'm glad I'm raising him with her.

"Was this it?" I ask when I felt a soft kick.

"Yes! It's him!" She says laughing and I was ecstatic, he started kicking and I was here to feel it.

I looked at the door and she was gone. The door was closed so we went back to the living room and we stayed there talking for a little bit, I rested my hand on her belly and it felt right. When I was with her, it felt like everything was in its place. Two hours later they left and I saw the envelope on the couch, she left it there. I opened it and saw the ultrasound. Here it is, our beautiful baby boy. I can't wait to hold him in my arms.