𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑

♪ Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine ♪   

Maya Martinez POV

I am not going to lie, it was hard but he is such a quiet baby. He only cried every two hours to be fed and sometimes to change his diaper. Carlos and I divided the work equally, I went against it because he needed to rest because of all the work he had to do. But he wanted to bond with our child and I understand his point.

He always carefully watched when I fed Mateo, I think he fell in love with the little one as much as I did honestly. The time came for Carlos to leave for work. He was not happy to leave, next weekend he would have pre-season testing in Spain, and he had to go to Italy to take care of some things he couldn't do here. Ferrari was understanding but he had been here since the baby was born a month ago, and we knew he couldn't stay here forever.

"Call me if anything happens, I will be here in a heartbeat" He says as he was taking his baggage to the front door, I was in the living room watching tv and Mateo slept peacefully.

"Dont' worry about it, there is always someone I can call here in Madrid. Just relax, he will be fine" I say getting up and putting my hands on his chest trying to see if he relaxes. He was stressing about this for a week.

"I don't want to leave you. I will come directly from Barcelona to here once testing ends" He says putting his hand on top of mine.

"Don't worry about it, you saw him, he is fine and he is calm. It could be way worse" I say trying to comfort him.

"Are you going to be okay? He is not the only one I worry about Maya" He says and I think I'm taken aback by that statement.

"I am okay, you know it. The doctor cleared me yesterday. I can start some light exercise and go on a few walks with him. I will be fine too. You don't need to worry about me" I say giving him an honest smile and he nods more relaxed.

"I will see you in a week, I will call you once I land in Italy. Please, be careful, don't overwork yourself. Ask for help baby" He says going to kiss Mateo's forehead at he was on his little portable crib.

"Good luck. I will be rooting for you" I say as he came in my direction again.

"Thank you, that is more than enough" He says cupping my cheek with his hand. "You are more beautiful with each day. I can't wait for the day I will see both of you in the garage watching me"

"We will be there to see your first win of many" I say looking him in the eyes and smiling stupidly. Remember the hormone talks? Yeah, that was bullshit. I fell in love with him, I knew it as soon as I saw him with Mateo in his arms.

"I love you Maya" He says placing a kiss on my lips. I was almost paralyzed, I didn't even close my eyes. He smiled, gave me a peck, kissed the little one, and left.

Oh shit. I didn't answer, he must think I don't feel the same. This will be awkward, right? I called the girls who came by after work. Carlos still hadn't called from Italy and I was watching it over and over in my mind. He must hate me now, he must think that was stupid. I always have something to say, why did I get quiet at such an important moment?

"He told you he loved you and you just froze?" Mariana asks while Camila's jaw was still almost touching the floor.

"That is what I have just told you" I say dreading my own situation. That sounded so bad.

"That is something hard to get over" Camila says after picking her jaw from the floor and I roll my eyes. If that wasn't obvious I wouldn't have called them here.

"I will only see him next week. He will be in Italy and then Barcelona. What can I do? Maybe it was just a playful I love you, I may be overreacting. Maybe I just assumed what I wanted to hear" I say trying to downplay it to feel less guilty.

"Oh, no. He loves you. It was pretty obvious. Once I saw how he looked at you with Mateo in your arms. He is in love with you, definitely. I just never thought that would be his confession method" Camila says calmly and I am just dumbfounded.

"You knew it?" I ask shocked.

"We assumed, it's not hard. You are raising a very gorgeous baby together, you are living together and you were definitely acting like a couple. Sleeping together, having sex, those things. It was a matter of time until someone would spit it out" Mariana says defensively.

"He is calling" I say nervously when I see his video call.

"Pick it up, wait to talk about it personally, maybe he didn't even take it personally, he is a very good man, I think he laughed it out, that's why he smiled" Mariana says and I nod.

I gulp nervously and took the call. I see a Carlos with his usual Ferrari suit on and I smile, so does he.

"Is our boy still sleeping?" He asks smiling.

"He is now in Camila's arms, he woke up like half an hour ago" I say showing him Mateo while he played with Camila's hair.

"The team is excited to see him, Charles was showing everyone the pictures I sent him" Carlos says proudly.

"Hopefully in a month or two, they will be able to see the new member of the Scuderia all equipped" I say and he laughs.

"That will be a great day. Is everything alright? Are you okay? Is it a social visit or do you need any help?" He asks clearly hiding his concern.

"A social visit, don't worry Carlitos" Mariana says and laugh.

"I'm happy then. I hope to see you on the first time of Mateo in Formula 1, all the family should be here. I have to go now. I will call you after dinner cariño, have fun" He says sending a kiss through the screen and we hung up.

"He definitely did it on purpose, he wanted a reaction, he didn't really have one so he went along. That is why I like him, such a smooth guy. The smooth operator nickname really soothes him" Camila says happily and I just kept my dumbfounded face. Is it even a good thing? Is motherhood making me dumber or is it all on me?