𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

♫ I swear to God, when I come home
I'll never let go ♫

Maya Martinez POV

Time with Carlos went by ridiculously fast. Lunchtime came and we decided to cook together, he was pretty good with orientations, I would tell him the steps and he would do them. When we got to eating it tasted so good I even got another plate.

"What is it on the couch?" I asked when we went to the living room to watch a movie, why is my couch full of bags? 

"Those are some gifts for you, I went there to buy the perfume you liked and then I saw an adorable bag and I got lost with so many things. If you don't like any of those we can return them or exchange them for anything else" He says nervously while running his hand through his hair. This man is unbelievable.

"No! Go return it, Carlos. There is like 10 bags in here. Are all of these Chanel? Are you crazy?" I ask completely shocked. The amount of money he spent on those would almost buy this apartment.

"You are the mother of my child, don't be ridiculous Maya. You can be spoiled too and I will spoil the hell out of you and our baby. Just accept it, I will only return them if you don't like them and I will double-check with the girls to make sure you are being honest" He says nonchalantly and I was blindsided by his reaction.

"I don't want to be spoiled anymore, I'm an adult. I don't need those things" I say as he picked up the bags and he looks at me like he was bored, the audacity this man has.

"Where is your room?" He asks clearly ignoring my statement and I point at which door my room was, I'm glad I cleaned it up. "You can be spoilt as an adult, I'm here to make your life easier and if I can make it more enjoyable I will. Do you think you will be able to have a baby in your room? Shouldn't we be making arrangements for when he is born"

"I don't know what option we may have, your mom was worried about that yesterday. I think it's a real possibility that I can stay with you for a few months while we are learning how to raise a baby, I can't do it alone, and neither can you. In his first months we can live together" I say as he sat by my side and he gives me a smile.

"I would like that. You could stay at my house as long as you would like and need" He was clearly satisfied with the outcome.

"Can you take the bags back?" I ask and he just lets out a laugh while shaking his head.

"Those are yours now Mamacita. I won't take anything back, you can start accepting gifts from me because there will a lot more of those coming" He says with amusement in his voice and his face shows how much he was enjoying it.

"I will choose the movie and then I will kick you out because you are not allowed to spoil me. I will return them as soon as you leave" I say pouting and crossing my arms.

"Corazón, that's why I will keep the receipt. I will spoil you until you get used to it. And the doctor said you should go on some vacation while you can so next week we won't be here, we will be traveling, do you have any idea where you would like to go? Some cities you want to explore?" He asks while I chose the movie to see.

"I don't want to go anywhere, I'm pregnant, all the exotic places I would like to go I can't go because I don't know how to swim" I say not amused by the idea of going away for almost a month.

"I will teach you if you want and make sure you don't drown. We can take my yacht and we can go wherever you want to, if the girls could come for a week or two they would be more than welcome" 

"I will think about it" I say starting the movie and we get quiet.

I rest my head on his shoulder and he puts his hand on m tight while the romantic comedy movie went on. It was a nice afternoon, I liked it. It was way better than the day I had planned doing absolutely nothing all by myself. As the movie ended I had switched positions almost three times because I had to pee three times. I was now laying on the couch with my legs on top of his.

I hear the door opening and see Camila and Mariana smiling. They went ahead and got closer.

"Hello there future parents of the beautiful baby that will be born next year" Camila says clearly teasing me and I quickly sit down.

"Hello there future aunties" I say calmly and they push me to Carlos' side so they could sit on the couch.

"So, how was your day?" Mariana asks curiously.

"Pretty good. We ate pancakes, we ate lunch made by Carlos with my guidance and we had a little fight about the 10 bags he brought from Chanel and then watched a movie. Do you have any vacation weeks for this month?" I said it all so nonchalantly that they thought I was crazy, I could see it in their eyes.

"We do, why the interest? We are broke, vacations aren't a thing" Mariana says with a tone that suggested that I was crazy for asking.

"Carlos clearly isn't broke so besides spoiling our child and me, he also wants to spoil you by bringing you with us on a vacation well deserved" I say with a kind of mocking in my tone and they look at Carlos with their eyes shining. No. They can't really be about to go along with it.

"Oh, Carlos. You are the sweetest but we are not her appendices, she can go without us, and we will facetime her a lot to compensate. Thank you for the offer though, we would absolutely love to, thank you for remembering us" Camila says clearly emotional and I am dumbfounded by all the emotion, this girl ghosts guys almost every day without showing no regret and she is here almost crying by Carlos' generous offer.

"It wasn't really a question. I know you are her best friends so it's kind of a package deal, we would also be on the yacht so it won't cost that much besides food and all that. I wouldn't mind, it would be better for her" He says and they look at each other, do they know I'm still here?

"Oh. Then we can go, we can pay for our food, that's cool. Oh My God. Where are we going?" Camila asks enthusiastically.

After that, a  conversation about the vacations ensued, they were telling him all the places I talked about visiting and he just listened and I think he was taking some mental notes. I just stood back leaning on the couch and watched as they talked like my presence was invisible. Don't I need to agree to this? I thought they would say no. I am shocked by this so blatant betrayal.