𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔

♪ Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

I was delighted to have them here. I know Mateo probably isn't even seeing and understanding what is happening but it's the first time my kid will see me racing and I am nervous. I want to do good. Everyone is here and I guess everyone saw how happy that made me.

Maya told me to put on earplugs and to sleep through the night and she would wake up but there was no way in hell I would do that. So I woke up. She would feed him and I would change his diaper if he needed it, if he didn't need it she would just signal me back to sleep. Exactly as we do when I am home.

"You are glowing this weekend. Nothing can take that smile away" Charles says as we walked in and Lando was right by our side.

"Have you seen my kid? He is the cutest, I can't even be sad or mad or whatever. I wasn't even expecting them to be here, I am at my best right now" I say proudly as I saw Maya and my mom talking while she pushed the stroller through the people, everyone made way for them to go.

"He is here? I want to see him beside the photos" Lando says almost begging.

"Follow us to the Ferrari garage and you can see him quickly" I say and he does as I say.

"Hello there" Maya says clearly knowing what was happening.

"Can I see the little one or is he sleeping?" Lando asks nervously.

"Go ahead, he sleeps 16 hours a day, he will be fine even if he wakes up" She says taking off the sheet covering him, and Lando pouts.

"He is so much cuter than the pictures. Oh my god, he is the perfect mixture of you too" Lando says emotionally.

"Maybe he and Mila can get to know each other. Savannah and I have been talking a lot, Mila is the cutest. We should go to the UK to get them a playdate" Maya says excitedly and I smile.

"Talk to her. There is Silverstone at the beginning of July and we can do something around that time. I bet her and my brother would love it" Lando says loving the idea.

"I will do that and I hope to see you there too" She says as Lando nodded enthusiastically.

We went inside the garage and prepared for the rest of the day which would be a rush as always. We did the third practice, did some interviews, spent some time with the family, and then went for the qualifying.

I got third and Charles got pole, it was a good day for Ferrari. After all the interviews I was finally able to leave. I was walking through the paddock and stopped to take some pictures when someone taps my shoulder.

"Hey" She says as I turn around. What is Isabel doing here?

"Hello. What are you doing here?" I ask confusedly while looking around to see if Maya was remotely close, which she wasn't.

"I just came to see the race. I live in Madrid, it's not that far away from Barcelona. How are you doing as a new dad? I heard that she is here with the baby"

"I am doing great, it's all I could ever dream of. She is great and so is he" I say giving her an honest smile. I'm not going to lie, she would know I was lying.

"Did you do a DNA test? I mean, that's the least you could do with the money associated with your name. You aren't a nobody" Her tone was of accusation and I knew it would go like this.

"I didn't. I knew that kid was mine from the moment I looked at him, he is mine. Nobody can tell me otherwise, much less a DNA test" I say starting to walk away.

"Tough times call for tough measures, she is clearly doing better now that her baby daddy is subsidizing her lifestyle" She was bitter, more than I thought.

"I am not going to stay here while you talk about my girlfriend like that. Just back off and start moving on, I know I did" I say walking faster to the motorhome.

"Your girlfriend? Jesus Christ. I hope you marry her and she takes every single penny you have, you are really being too naive about all of this Carlos. Ungrateful" She says following me with anger invading her voice but once I got into the motorhome she didn't get in.

"What is she doing here?" Blanca asks worriedly.

"Just trying to poison me against Maya, I don't fucking care. Mateo is mine, and so is she. Where is he?" I ask looking around and seeing Maya and Ana talking cheerfully while Mariana and Camila listened interestedly.

"Dad and Caco have him. He is a proud grandpa, you know it better than anyone" She says laughing and I hug Maya from behind, giving her a quick kiss on her neck.                    

"Hello there hermoso" She says turning around happily.

"What's up cariño?" I ask kissing her lips lightly and the whole tension leaves my body once she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Nothing" She says lifting her shoulders.

I go into my room to change clothes and once I get back Mateo is in Maya's arms. I pick him up and he starts laughing as I start playing with him in my arms. I love his laugh, I could hear it all day long. Especially when Maya's laugh is joined. I have it all now. I find myself having it all. I have the career, the money, the wife, and the kid. I know she is not my wife but she might as well be, we live together, and we have the most gorgeous baby together. I couldn't be happier.

"Te amo mi amor" She mouths quietly and I smile.

"Te amo cariño" I mouth back winking to her and her smile widens before she was taken away to a nearby conversation with Camila and Mariana. This is what I want.