𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

♪ That's when I start to get anxious
That's when my thoughts can be dangerous ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

I fell asleep as soon as I got home but the next day I followed my usual routine, training went well and I was nervous about the ultrasound. I went to pick her up at the agreed time, which was half an hour before the appointment. She got in and we both smiled.

"How are you feeling?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I'm fine, nothing out of the ordinary. How was yesterday? Did you recover all your usual energy?" She asks and I nod letting out a laugh.

"I was pretty done on Monday, but yesterday went fine, I did some training and I was as good as always" I say and she laughs.

"Always confident, I like it" She says clearly amused and I park the car, it was fairly close. We went to the reception and waited on the waiting room.

"Is the doctor nice? If you want we can change doctors however you feel comfortable" I say and she smiles.

"She was really nice last time, don't worry about it. Be calm, I understand the nervousness but he is approaching three months, there won't be much to see" She says and I rest my hand on hers feeling calmer.

"Maya Martinez" We hear the doctor call as she opened the door to our right and we get up.

"Hi" Maya says with a smile while we got in.

"I see you brought company today, is he the dad or just a friend?" She says excitedly.

"He is the dad, Carlos" She says and I greet the doctor.

"Nice to meet you Carlos, let's take a look at your baby then" She says and Maya lays down, I held her hand and we both look at the monitor.

"It looks more like a baby now" Maya says and we laugh.

"He is still pretty small but we can clearly see more than last time. At 11 weeks, we can see the ears are forming, they are perfect, the baby's size is normal and his growth seems really healthy. His fingers are also forming and he seems fine from the side he decided to show us. He already moves but you won't feel it, for now, don't worry about it. I don't see any sign of worry. You should consume foods rich in calcium, like milk, cheese, or yogurt. It can help prevent leg and foot cramps that are standard by this time of the pregnancy" She says calmly and slowly so we could listen carefully and she showed us his ears and fingers.

"I feel some pains in my belly sometimes, on the lower side, that is okay right?" Maya asks as she cleaned up.

"Normally it's growing pain but if it's felt in moments of stress it can be dangerous. You should be in a calm and stress-free environment. But it's normal to have a growing pain in the lower belly, it's preparing to get bigger, he will grow a lot faster from now on" She says and we both nod.

"Thank you so much" I say as she handed us the pictures she took and the video.

"I will see both of you soon. Good luck and don't stress, relax, go on a vacation while you can and don't worry" She says looking at Maya mostly.

"She will relax" I say reassuring her as we left.

"It was definitely easier to see a baby this time, even if he was tiny" She says smiling and I nod.

"He is going to be a cute baby" I say as she let out a laugh.

"We are not bad looking, the baby will be just fine" She says nonchalantly and I couldn't disagree. I drove to my parents' house and they quickly opened the door as soon as we rang the doorbell.

"Hello! How are you feeling?" My mom asks excitedly, hugging Maya before even looking at me.

"I am okay, the baby too. We are doing fine actually" Maya says happily while we got in.

"I am fine too mom" I say ironically and she shrugs while talking to Maya about dinner and asking her if she liked the food. We greeted everyone and sat by the table.

"I saw the pictures of you two in some gossip sites. Did you like to see Carlos in his environment?" Ana asks curiously and I try not to roll my eyes.

"I loved it. I took a lot of pictures, the guys are really nice and welcoming. I'm glad he has all these people by his side" Maya says excitedly.

"She also got to know Isabel, she went there on Saturday acting like a lunatic" I say and they seem surprised.

"She went there? She must've been shocked, she is not like that" Blanca says still surprised.

"She was actually rude, she insulted and threatened me, then apologized and left when she wasn't allowed in the garage" Maya says shrugging.

"She insulted and threatened you? She went too far, her problem is with Carlos. You have no fault here darling. If you need something or if she tries to talk to you here in Madrid call one of us and we will go to you" My mom says clearly worried and Maya nods nonchalantly.

"She doesn't scare me, she is shocked and desperate. She will get over it eventually. I never saw her here and I doubt it will happen now, unless she turns from being in negation to stalking" Maya says and I let out a laugh.

"We will be fine, the baby is fine too. He is growing steadily and looks healthy in all forms. Step by step we will see how this will go when he is born" I say and my dad nods smiling.

"Let's eat more and talk less, Maya needs to eat" My dad says and everyone follows his advice.

It was a nice evening, I showed them the photos and the video, and they were excited asking questions, mostly to Maya about how she felt and if she needed something. I and dad were next to each other talking about last weekend when I see Maya getting up, and I soon realized she went to the bathroom.

"You make a good couple, the baby will be a heartbreaker" My dad says making me look at him shocked.

"We are not a couple" I say and he smiles shrugging.

"Yet. You will be" He says getting up and everyone starts cleaning the table. What does he mean by that?

———————————
Hello everyone! I wish you all a happy new year!
I hope you are all alright and as a gift I decided to post the most voted history which was Charles' history called Missing You.
The first chapter is now posted and I hope you all like it.
Thank you so much for making 2022 so amazing, your support meant the world to me! If there's anything you need send a private message or comment!
Love you all ❤️

Moving On ✩ Carlos Sainz Jrजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें