chapter one

"what do you think, y/n? are you satisfied with our after-school plan? your mother said to bring you with me — the first semester has already ended and we, the whole class, should all relax!" enthusiasm filled the classroom's atmosphere as venti, ...

"what do you think, y/n? are you satisfied with our after-school plan? your mother said to bring you with me — the first semester has already ended and we, the whole class, should all relax!" enthusiasm filled the classroom's atmosphere as venti, the class president's remark was heard by everyone.

suddenly, murmurs and whispers of excitement echoed — their voices were mixing up through y/n's ears causing her to snicker a little bit before turning her chair toward venti who was patiently waiting for her reply.

"venti, i cannot come if i didn't top the class this semester, alright?" she replied, tired and sighing.

the president, her childhood friend, one of the sources of annoyance and joy to her life, leaned forward and pouted. "man! i'm hundred-percent sure that you'd top the class — uh, wait! the announcement would be made today, yeah?"

"exactly." y/n rolled her eyes, "hey tartaglia." she tapped her seatmate's shoulder, "give me my notebook back. you're not even reviewing anything."

"just a minute, y/n. hu tao was asking me something." he said, not even glancing at her as he laughed out loud like an old witch doing something sinister. his laugh soon came to an end when the impatient y/n snatched the notebook from his hand. as his expression dropped, y/n only furrowed her eyebrows at him. "that's so rude, you know?"

"no, i don't think so. i gave you enough time and you wasted it — that wasn't rude of me, i believe."

"y/n! i really need it, we will pass our notebook to mr. zhongli later! he'll find out that i didn't write anything." he pleaded with almost doe-eyes.

she hissed in disgust, "not my problem, stop bugging me."

"y/n —"

"here. borrow mine instead." tartaglia's whine was cut off when the devil, the bane of her existence, the most annoying person to ever-exist, someone who can ignite her heart with intense anger and hatred — as y/n's described — albedo kreideprinz — offered his notes as he studied y/n's expression.

the smirk of satisfaction covered his lips upon seeing the woman's expression change drastically — everyone could see how anger conquered her innocent face and everyone could feel the building tension between them.

"thanks, man! you're the best!" tartaglia exclaimed with a victorious smile. he could feel y/n's side-glance of death but for he loved his life dearly, didn't bother to meet with her eyes.