chapter three

"y/n, are you alright?"

snapping back to reality when you're trying to reminisce about something is the most annoying thing to ever happen especially when the first person y/n saw was albedo who was sitting in front of her in the most cocky way, his smugness never fails to make her mad and annoyed.

"when will this even come to an end?" she questioned helplessly, looking at venti with tired eyes.

"we just came here." venti pouted, "stop thinking about something negative and just have fun with us. you deserve something as fun as this after you worked hard."

a smile formed on her lips, "thanks, venti. i'll try hard to enjoy myself."

this small room was rented out using the class' funds and most of the food in here was bought by tartaglia, who's the richest of the class, he didn't hesitate to offer help and remained humble. the karaoke was now dominated by venti and hu tao whose voices were loud and could even surpass the thick walls. lumine, on the other hand, was helping the vice-president, sucrose distribute the food to others. amidst the busy and loud room, the celebration of the end of the semester and ranking of others continued without any interruption.

y/n's phone rang and so she went to the corner of the room to answer it, her back facing everybody as she slightly covered the speaker with one hand to prevent any excess noise to be heard in the other line. "mom?"

"dear, how are you? having fun?"

"yes, absolutely."

there was a sigh of relief, "that's good to hear. may i know when you will be home so i can cook dinner for us."

"uhm, i don't think i'll be having dinner. there is so much food in here.."

"mhm, understood." her mother replied, "ah! i forgot to tell you that your brother borrowed something in your room. thought you'd want to know."

her brows furrowed, "what did he borrow?"

"i don't know, it was in a box or something. i asked him but he only shook his head and chuckled — was it important to you? do you want me to get it back?"

"something in the box you say..." she trailed off, remembering the amount of reviewers she placed in it in order for her to be prepared for any quizzes, exams, and everything. her brother, who was a year younger than her, probably wanted to study something. "no, no. it's fine. it contains some reviewers, guess he wanted to study hard. let him be, mom."