chapter twenty-six

"you may now kiss the bride."

albedo and y/n froze, their eyes were wide as they stared against each other. everybody who was watching them felt the tension and the undeniable silence between the two; hovering over the booth with stillness as if it was their first time to know that real couples kiss during their wedding.

"just kidding!" the priest remarked, saving their faces. the crowd booed with disappointment, y/n sighed. "that's too nsfw considering we're at the campus! anyway, long live to the new married couple!"

y/n felt the need to step down from the booth, realizing that the ceremony had finally ended. "these are your marriage certificates, for the final touch we need your signatures over here." the booth coordinator pointed at the blank space.

venti marched towards them, wearing a cheeky smile that didn't fail to annoy y/n. she wanted to scream at him but stopped herself. she just really wanted to get over this.

she took the pen and signed the paper in silence — not noticing the surprised stares of her friends — who would've thought? this was probably the first time that she did something without opposing or protesting.

tartaglia chuckled, "let's celebrate the —!"

hu tao nudged his arm. "let's eat at the newly opened restaurant after this!"

y/n breathed tiredly. as much as she wanted to go home, eating with her brother on the same table was suffocating and awkward — she didn't want to ruin this day anymore.

"i left my phone in the room, i'll go get it."

venti nodded, "sure. we'll wait for you here."

she didn't dare to look at albedo anymore nor did she have the courage to know if he signed the paper or he just left it blank with her signature there alone and miserable.

y/n walked fastly, she swore she could hear whispers from other people but the world doesn't revolve around her so she didn't overthink about it.

the room was already closed, it was clean and empty but the paintings were still displayed on the wall. the deep-yellow radiance of the late afternoon sun invaded the room, the rays touching the desks and the paintings gracefully.

thankfully the room was not locked, she opened the door and went straight to her desk that was neatly placed on the side of the room, leaving the middle and front part empty; this was where their little cafe was placed earlier.

y/n looked under her desk, sighing in relief after spotting her phone still there. she grabbed it, ready to storm outside.

as soon as she turned around, she spotted albedo on the door — inside the room, locking the door in silence.