chapter twenty-two

"don't forget what i told you!"

y/n slumped herself onto the chair, resting her chin against her palm as she let out a tired sigh. she glanced outside where most of her classmates were busy helping the officers assemble the items needed for their little art, book, and coffee booth.

the booth sounded complicated; they have art because lots of her classmates are artists, including albedo, who can profit by selling their arts — book was the idea mostly by her female classmates, they would let everyone rent their books for a day — and coffee, well, y/n did suggest that part, she works at her mother's cafe and she has experienced with brewing any kind of coffee that will surely fit everyone's liking.

"not today hu, i'll be busy." y/n replied, now standing up to tie her hair into a low ponytail. she also wrapped the apron on her body, heading towards venti who was busy ordering everyone around. there was a tiny pout in his mouth because his idea of selling wine was rejected by everyone including their adviser. "and no, please don't bother me – we're not on good terms."

she was referring to albedo.

days before today, hu tao initiated about how y/n should make albedo jealous in order to indirectly confirm his feelings towards her– at first, she thought it was a good idea as catching someone off-guard was her forte but after the day at the park, that very idea quickly sank on the depths of ocean; if he really does like her then he would tell her that. simple.

besides, for a confident woman like her, she's not hundred-percent sure that albedo likes her back but hiding something and pretending that nothing is going on is what she's good at.

it's her and her pride who refuses to make a move no matter how much she likes him against the world.

"venti, what's the closing time again?"

"the booths will be closed around 6pm but mr. zhongli said the ones on duty right now can have fun at 4."

she looked around the room; albedo, lumine, childe, hu tao, venti, and some of her classmates were wearing the themed-uniform — contrary to the colorful booths and decorations outside – their theme mainly revolved around brown; indicating a dark-academia theme with candles, books, arts hanging on the wall, poem-corner, the small coffee shop, and the brown silk curtains slightly blocking the golden rays of the sun.

"y/n, can you take over here for a while? i need to use the bathroom." lumine smiled apologetically and before you even realized it, you were standing beside albedo, taking over lumine's place.

he's on the ladder, obviously hanging the frames on the wall whilst lumine was handing him each frame but now that she's gone, y/n had to tolerate the loud banging of her heart against her chest as she maintained her stern expression.

he's wearing the same perfume as before except that it's making her knees weak now.

her hand gripped tightly onto the frame, watching albedo hang the other; she couldn't help but to trace her gaze to his side-profile. he looked peaceful.

"can you hand me the other one instead?" he pointed at the art on the table. it was the last one, he must be referring to that.

"sure..." she whispered.

something about the art made her stare at it longer than she should.

it's a painting from someone's perspective watching a woman admiring a huge art — the viewers couldn't see the woman's face as it only showed her back – however, the huge art she was staring at was blurred, an indication that the artist wanted everyone to focus on the woman herself.

she picked up the painting and unconsciously flipped it on the back side where she saw albedo's signature.

brows furrowed, she flipped it to look at the painting once again.

the woman looked familiar.

that black bag hanging on the woman's shoulders looked familiar.

the golden frames on the painting looked familiar.

oh.

"y/n?"

she flinched, suddenly out of air. she swallowed thickly, unable to process anything until her eyes met his.

she must be mistaken.

there's no way.

with her heart as loud as the music outside, she walked towards him with her hands slightly shaking. y/n gave albedo the painting, for some reason, she didn't want to let it go – but she did.

when he's done, he went down and stood in the same position as her. he watched y/n stare at the painting; the wonder in her eyes, her furrowed brows, pouting lips, and the confusion in her expression gave him the urge to tell her — it's you.

but realization hit him.

she was with kazuha the other day.

kazuha will not be pleased and y/n would definitely start a war with him.

so, he placed his hands on the pocket of his jeans with disappointment hovering over his figure, he walked away. 

&&&

I THINK IT WAS AROUND CHAPTER SEVEN OR SMTH BUT THEY WERE INSIDE AN ART MUSEUM THAT TIME !! albedo took a picture of y/n that time and posted it on his private & secret ig acc 💌💌💌💌