chapter twenty-seven

his hand, still wrapped around her waist, pulled her more closer while the other gently cupped her chin, deepening the kiss. goosebump swarmed all over her body, she could hear their heart beats and she could feel the warm rays of the sun but oh it's his lips that made her weak.

she was gasping for air when he stopped, their faces too close; she didn't dare to look at him until his hand elegantly turned her face towards him – allowing her to take a view of albedo still in dazed but so composed at the same time. y/n felt warmth on her cheeks, heating up to her head as she bit the side of her cheek; the tension, awkwardness, and excitement mixing up.

"y/n." he called.

she looked at him again. this was the feeling of being love-sick, so sick that she couldn't think of anything but him and his lips. the urge, the feeling, the sensation to kiss him went back once again as the wind blew coolly, reminding her of this sweet and unforgettable present with albedo.

she cursed in silence, tugging his collar, out of breath, and pressed her lips against him once again. albedo was taken aback, shocked by the sudden initiation but then he realized, he's feeling the same as her — they're both in love and there was nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to expressing what love really meant.

maybe.... maybe y/n shows it through physical touch not by words.

y/n's lips were soft and addicting. it was a privilege to be kissed by her and as much as he wanted to shower her with all the love in this world, he couldn't help but to wonder how incredible it would be to be loved by the y/n — the girl everyone dreamed of.

she's the standard; from academics to being a good daughter and sister to being the kind of friend you'd want to talk your problems to — she's incredibly amazing. and damn she was the girl who's out of his league but now she's standing in front of him, holding and kissing him with sincerity and purity.

y/n felt albedo smiled in between their kisses, she felt the need to do the same. once tired, their foreheads rested against each other as they tasted the comfortable silence of finally confessing their love amidst the chaos nested in their world.

"i'm sorry..." she whispered, voice hoarse. "i know i did hurt you in the past... i was childish and naive – i didn't expect everything to turn out like this..."

"we were young back then." albedo answered, tugging the extra strand of her hair behind her ear as his hand continued to caress her cheek with gentleness. "besides, i like it when you're being mean to me."

y/n chuckled, stunned by his sudden confession. she shook her head in amusement, pulling out from his grasp as she sat on the chair. "you like it when i'm being mean to you?"

albedo could only shrug, "is that bad?"

"don't think so," y/n mumbled, tilting her head to look at him with her amused eyes. "i would definitely act mean to you now that you confessed."