chapter thirty-two

"i know."

y/n's brows furrowed upon hearing hu tao's lame reply. she crossed her arms, "why do you sound like you're not interested at all?"

hu tao snickered, "really? it sounded like i've known about it all along." she shrugged, placing her hand onto y/n's shoulders. "the both of you already looked like a couple even if you're not announcing it — i'm surprised that you're admitting it to me."

y/n looked away, removing hu tao's hands. the girl walked towards the window, the field was filled with boys playing soccer — one of them was albedo. her gaze softened, admiring how her boyfriend's hair glowed under the rays of the sun. "i can't believe it, hu."

"that you're dating him?" hu tao stood beside y/n.

y/n smiled softly, "yes."

her friend chuckled with amusement, "months ago you loathed him so much but look how the table had turned."

"things like this happen when you least expect it," y/n grabbed her bag, waving goodbye to her friend. "take care!"

"you too, fool!"

y/n laughed as she strolled through the field. settling down under the tree, she rested her back against the bark, her eyes watching her boyfriend play with his friends. from afar, he looked like someone out of her league — too handsome, too precious, and too good to be her.

from the start of their relationship, she had doubts if she really did deserve someone like him. everyone knew how much she hated him, how much she fought with him immaturely, and how cruel she was towards him. eventually, when the news about them dating spread like wildfire, she started receiving looks from people around her — that kind of disgusted look.

albedo easily noticed her changed demeanor and reassured her immediately. god knew how lucky she was to have someone like him, it's like a fever dream.

"hey," she was greeted with a smiling albedo walking towards her.

he flopped gently next to her, accepting the bottled water from his girlfriend. "thank you. how was the meeting?"

"the meeting went smoothly, the issue is already resolved," y/n replied, handing him another piece of tissue to wipe his sweat off. "you? did you have fun?"

"yes! it's been a while since i played with them." their eyes met, initially letting out a soft smile towards one another. "did the issue stress you out? how do you feel?"

"dandy," she pouted.

albedo chuckled, putting the extra strand of y/n's hair behind her ear. "do you want to eat ice cream with me?"

"are you asking me on a date?"

amusement danced in his eyes, "absolutely."

he stood up and y/n flashed her hand towards albedo in which the blonde gladly accepted. after bidding his goodbye to his friends, the both walked off the field up to the nearest convenience store. they were greeted with the setting sun, it was golden like daylight. she couldn't help but to admire the enchanting scenery, it looked straight out of the movie.

"god, i love sunsets so much." she uttered.

"it's beautiful." albedo looked at her. "something that is worth to admire for a lifetime."

"let's watch it again after buying ice cream."

"anything you want, y/n."

after buying the ice cream, they settled on a park bench – shoulders touching one another, showing comfort in between. the birds chirped loudly, overcoming the soft whispers of the cool breeze then suddenly it was an absolute silence.

"have you decided your course for college?" y/n asked, head against his shoulder.

albedo nodded, "i'll take forensic science," he replied, staring at the golden sky. "i really see myself as one in the future."

"i'm glad you've finally made up your mind," she smiled. "i'll be with you through thick and thin, albedo."

"i'm lucky to have you, my future environmental scientist."

she giggled, "likewise, my future forensic scientist."

amidst the fairytale-like story awaits an abrupt end.