chapter twenty-nine

"i'll be back!"

with her hair in a messy bun and upper body almost covered with albedo's sweater, she marched outside of their house. her phone vibrated, earning a small smile of excitement from the girl.

good morning, love. i'll wait for you outside :)

but albedo didn't need to wait anymore, she was readier than before. as she inserted her phone back into her pocket, she opened the gate and didn't fail to catch a glimpse of the tall and blonde figure standing under the lamps of the street.

"hi." she greeted, her smile unmatched — bright enough to light up his day. "g'morning."

"good morning." albedo leaned closer and gave her a hug. his scent was the same from before, the same during the time she hated him, but its effect had changed. it made her knees weak and her cheeks red, he smelled so nice she wanted to bury her head onto the crook of his neck.

wrapping her arms around his shoulder, feeling his hands on her waist – her heart beat dangerously. "what time will the sun rise?"

"5:58 AM." the blonde replied, still stuck with y/n's unforgiving hug of love. "we have five more minutes."

"then i guess we need to run from here?"

"would that be fine?"

"why not? i miss the white sand of the beach, the ocean, and the remarkable sun rising from the horizon." y/n answered. "and.." she stepped back. "i get to see them with you."

he reddened, "fair enough."

y/n chuckled with amusement. she stretched her arms for a good second before turning her attention to albedo. "let's see who'll get there first."

"are you announcing a competition?"

"always," she grinned at him.

long before he could process her response, the woman started running — she was fast! albedo had to catch up, he really didn't care about who'd get there first. he just wanted to see her running with that flawless smile of her.

the sand of the beach was white and thick. whilst removing their shoes, the mere touch of her feet almost sinking through the sand made her feel alive. the soft, calm, and mysterious wave from the ocean was singing her lullaby — she felt like a child once more — unaware of the danger of the world; a child who could solely think of only the mystifying view of the ocean.

"i won!" y/n smiled proudly, setting down with albedo. she shivered when the coldness of the water slightly touched her feet — ah — she missed bathing in the lake during cold season, eventhough the icy sensation turned her skin red it didn't miss the chane to remind her that she was alive.

"how many more minutes left?"

"one." albedo responded. he felt his heart skip a beat upon feeling y/n's head resting against her shoulder, his reflexes reacted immediately, giving strength to her arm to maintain the comfort it gives to y/n. "what're you thinking?"

"i missed watching the sunrise."

"we could watch it everyday, so you won't miss it anymore." he smiled.

and she melted in his words, in his presence, in his whole-being. only him could mend all the sadness and uncertainties flying inside her, only him could make her smile without thinking about what would happen next.

it is truly just albedo.

"that's silly."

"why? you don't want to watch it with me?"

"of course i'd love to!" she rolled her eyes, "oh look!" y/n's eyes glimmered with excitement and admiration, her fingers pointed at the sun slowly rising from the horizon — greeting them with its energetic orange rays that glowed over the beach.

"it's so beautiful..." y/n whispered in awe, unaware of albedo's glaze.

he looked at the sun — then at y/n — honestly, he couldn't see the difference between them. she was shining like the beginning of the day, the beginning of his life – the beginning of him finally acknowledging his existence. as the sun hit them gently, it made her eyes shone too and the urge to kiss her in front of the morning sun hovered over him.

he wanted to express how much he wanted to start his day with her. everyday. forever.

then, as if the god had answered his prayer, y/n turned her head towards him. soft little lips mumbled, "kiss me."

breath caught in his throat, he leaned closer — so close until their lips were inches apart. her breath was warm, she too, was warm. he smiled softly. tilting his head, he pressed his lips against hers.

they were declaring their love in front of the morning sun — at the beach, on the white sand, and in the morning of february fourteenth.

the sun of the beginning witnessed everything — of how much two people became fools for one another and only then, y/n wished she could kiss him in front of the sun of the end.

and her wish.... was never answered. 

&&& and you were wild and crazy just so frustrating, intoxicating, complicated got away by some mistake and now I MISS SCREAMING AND FIGHTING AND KISSING IN THE RAIN :000