chapter twenty-five

it took him an absolute minute to realize what she did.

albedo’s face, from y/n’s perspective, didn’t give her many answers to what he did think about that kiss – instead, his expression was a blank look of surprise. she took a big gulp, trembling knees backing away as albedo once again reminisced the warmth of her lips against his skin; warmer than the sun, sweeter than honey.

his mouth began to move and everything stopped revolving around them. she felt like puking, running as her stomach fell to her feet; the loud beating of her heart wasn’t helping so did her eyes when they accidentally looked at his bright teal eyes.

albedo’s hand touched the specific place where she kissed it, “i see…” whispered him, still in dazed and didn’t know what to say because honestly – a kiss from her was the least he expected.

y/n’s lips trembled, trying to build up her posture once again with the fear of finding out that she was slowly and deeply crumbling inside. “forget that happened…”

“what?”

his tone sounded like she said something unbelievable.

“forget about that.” she managed to reply coldly, “i did that for the picture.”

“you’re willing to kiss someone for the sake of a picture?” albedo retorted, his voice was strong and hurt and weak.

“that’s not the point!”

“then tell me.” he insisted, taking a step towards her in which she responded by stepping backward — he stopped — thankfully, she was getting breathless as seconds passed, the temperature seemed to be warmer than usual. “you’re not that kind of person, y/n.”

“you don’t know me!” y/n exclaimed.

her dramatic response caused his lips to slightly part. albedo opened his mouth as if he wanted to tell her something but it didn’t manage to escape his lips — his eyes would never lie — there was confusion, sadness, and a spark of anger within them.

she couldn’t blame him. for so long, she didn’t know what she was doing. kissing him on the cheek wasn’t her plan — and after she did that, her mind blanked. y/n, ironically, was overwhelmed by her own action.

and instead of taking this little opportunity to confess, she messed it up all.

she is after all the problem, what could she do?

the girl entered the room, putting more awkwardness into the atmosphere with her sweet giggles of admiration. “here! i printed two!”

albedo cleared his throat before accepting the other one, while the last copy was purposely placed into y/n’s hands by the girl. “it’s free, don’t worry! i hope i helped — by that, may the both of you have a prosperous relationship!”

albedo walked outside first but y/n was too ashamed and annoyed of everything, before going out, she looked at the girl. “we’re not a couple.”

“heya! found ya both!”

two tired-longing sighs escaped albedo and y/n’s lips after hearing hu tao’s voice.
“come, come! something fun is about to happen!” hu tao gripped y/n’s hand tightly, dragging the girl along with her at such speed. “albedo, follow! we need you there!”

they walked past the crowd – the music was still energetic as before and the sun was slowly setting, it was after all, five in the afternoon. so much had happened in a short period of time – she realized how she fucked up mostly everything.