chapter eighteen

"why must you tell her that?!"

the door of her room swung open, it created a loud sound after hitting the wall. the sudden barging of her brother caused her to flinch in surprise. y/n closed her book, focusing her attention to the figure standing in front of her; his hair was a mess, the dark circles under his eyes were the evidence of his lack of sleep, and the veins popping on his neck were the indication of his burning anger.

"tell her what?"

her brother abruptly slammed his fist onto the wall. "if you don't like ella then it's fine! but why can't you just be happy for me, huh?!"

"i don't understand what you're saying —"

"oh, please! stop with the act!" her brother exclaimed. "everyone knows how much of a bitch you are!"

y/n's lips parted upon hearing that, the pain certainly crossed her heart. she could feel her throat drying and her heart pounding with surprise. did...did her brother really say that?

"for goodness sake! ella's breaking up with me," b/n implied, this time his tone was stronger. "the woman i love is breaking up with me because apparently my sister was being a bitch towards her!"

she couldn't move. too stunned to hear every word coming out from his mouth, too confused to understand what he's saying, and too broke to witness how her brother really devoted himself to one woman that he's really going all out against her; his own sister.

"do you really hate seeing people happy?" he asked. "do you want everyone to be as miserable as you? do you want them to live in the same cold and gloomy world like you? do you like seeing everyone crumble into pieces because of what you do?"

her voice trembled, "i-is that what you think about me, b/n?"

"don't all people around you do?" he remarked aggressively. "i bet they're so fed up with your attitude — but they couldn't get away from you because they're scared that you'll make them suffer. knowing you, you're competitive and manipulative — so toxic that —!"

his sentence was cut short when a hand slapped his cheek — it was harsh and full of anger.

he was stunned. b/n froze into his place when he finally spotted her sister; standing in front of him, tears streaking down her cheeks, and both of her hands were shaking. her pained expression — the look of betrayal, anger, and sadness was painted like a tattoo in his head.

she turned her back around him. just as their mother arrived, y/n rushed outside the house — not minding the confused stares she were receiving because of her tears still streaking down and her messed up appearance.

the sky was grey like her mood, everything around her seemed gloomy. she felt like a piece of leaf being swirled across the town by the wind of her emotions. she felt weak and vulnerable that she ended up finding herself in the park where people were (funnily) enjoying their day.