chapter twenty-four

"hey, i'm the coordinator of this photobooth! i heard both of you fighting and fighting is not good for a couple – that's why i decided to pull you two here – to fix the misunderstanding through photos!"

y/n and albedo stared at the girl dumbfounded, obviously malfunctioning due to the sudden turns of event. they got lost, argued, and suddenly inside this little booth filled with pastel colors that real couples would find cute.

but they were not a couple.

"sorry but —"

albedo suddenly leaned closer to the shell of her ear. "you owe me."

"you...want this?" she gulped, lips parting. the girl watched them with innocent eyes, she looked younger than them and probably oblivious and naive.

"she's letting us use the booth for free." albedo shrugged, "wouldn't want to hurt an offer from a generous young person."

he had a point but she never expected him to agree to this kind of shit. slowly, her heart hammered against her chest when the girl opened the door leading to a small and not-so-spacious room where everything would take over.

there's a ninety-nine percent chance that their shoulders would touch and she's not ready for that.

"well? don't worry, lots of people are camera-shy and that's why i would guide y'all." the girl smiled, motioning them to go inside.

albedo went inside. it seemed like he didn't mind it at all, he looked casual and unaffected — something y/n was envious of.

it must be nice not to feel anything for someone, huh?

each of her steps doubled her heartbeat, and when she finally sat next to him – the warmth of his presence and his shoulder quickly rushed to her whole existence leaving her out of air but she just couldn't let him see how much he affects her.

"okay!" the girl smiled cheekly, "we'll do about four photos! for the first one, just show your usual smile!"

albedo was obeying the girl like he was under her command, y/n couldn't help but to let out a sigh before following her order. her smile wasn't really inviting with her brows furrowed like that but the girl thought they both looked cute nonetheless and took the picture.

"there's a five second timer, please cooperate once i clicked it, alright?" she mentioned, tilting her head slightly. "for the second one, how about you," the girl suggested, referring to albedo, "wrap your arm over her shoulder then smile!"

what the fuck.

her breath hitched when he felt his arm around her shoulder, his hand pushing her closer to him – close enough for his enchanting smell to invade her nose. "what are you doing?"

"obviously taking a picture with you."

"no, you don't have to obey her!" y/n insisted.

"but i want to."

y/n groaned, her cheeks flaring. "you're so frustrating, y'know that?"

"five second timer!" the girl yelled in between their arguments.

"fuck this..." y/n whispered, almost trembling and falling with her knees on the verge of giving up with nervousness engulfing her whole personality – like invaders trying to conquer a certain place.

"for the third photo, please create a heart!"

"no way!" y/n protested but was silenced with albedo's rebuttal.

"why? will someone get mad?"

"what?!"

he leaned closer, his hand reaching for hers – like in the most mischievous way, he was trying to help her create the half of the heart and connected it with him. the girl wasn't speaking yet, she was waiting for them to get ready. albedo took the opportunity to whisper something in her ear.

"will someone get mad?"

"someone w-who?" she quivered, feeling ticklish as she could feel his lips slightly touching her ear in the most sensual way he'd imagined. it did push the urge to take a step away from him but she was frozen on her spot, losing herself all the way long.

"the one you went to the park with."

"five second countdown, starts now!"

though her breath was ragged, within the five second she was able to whisper her answer in spite of the shakiness of her voice. "i'm not dating him..."

"so, smile."

she didn't know if it was the electricity flowing through her body once their hands touched and created heart or the gentleness in his voice or his contagious smile or the realization that even once in her life; she was able to experience a thing like this with someone she likes that made her smile.

"perfect!" the girl clapped, satisfied with the result. "for the last, i'll let you on your own! you can smile, frown, laugh, chuckle – everything!"

albedo didn't suggest anything and just looked straight into the camera so y/n was left alone to think of poses she should do; smiling seemed plain and boring since she already did that in the first photo — oh dear, she couldn't think!

"five second timers, start now!"

y/n wanted to scream 'no!' and 'wait!' but she heard the girl click it and so the countdown begins.

5...

should she just smile like him?

4....

should she just pose with a 'v' sign?

3....

the girl said they could frown but that would ruin the vibe of the picture

2....

they would definitely look distant in this last photo without this girl's help

1....

but no one would be mad...right?

y/n moved closer to him, her hand on his shoulder as she tip-toed – finally leaving in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

and just like that, she fucked up. 

&&&

IM BACK !! JANUARY WAS HELL ISTG

five chapters and i shall create more since it's our sembreak 🤩🤩🤩

also, the title of the story is 'the way i loved you' right? it's from taylor swift's song — sooooo you know the meaning behind the song rightttt? YEAH IT'S NOTHING I JUST WANT TO REMIND YALL 😊😊😊