chapter twelve

"hurry! we're gonna be late!"

after attaching the cute keychain kazuha has given to her, y/n rushed out of the room and followed her brother. it was unusual for her younger brother to smile that wide on monday, it did make her wonder why but she chose to remain silent.

the ride was just her brother babbling lots of things that eventually went out on the other side of her ear. as they reached the school, it was almost time for the flag raising ceremony.

"y/n! come, you're going to be late!" hu tao exclaimed with anticipation.

she placed her bag on her chair and her eyes unintentionally wandered across the room; finding themselves looking at a certain chair — still no bag and the person she was looking for — she flinched back into reality when hu tao pulled her outside.

"you woke up late? it's unusual for you to be late!" she said while running.

y/n sighed tiredly, "my brother took so long." she lied, not wanting to speak anymore.

just as they arrived at their line, the national anthem started. students, teachers, and some parents paid their respects. after that, a morning dance exercise which y/n didn't do at all — she was already fed up with everything and it's just seven in the morning!

"hey! have you had your breakfast?!" venti questioned loudly as he danced happily.

she heard tartaglia chuckled with energy, "i think she hasn't! hey, let's go to the cafeteria after this!"

"shut up? you look like a fool dancing."

"hey! stop hurting my feelings y'all!"

"stop talking bruh! your saliva disgust me!" hu tao joined the conversation, her eyebrows were irking.

the conversation between the two was cut short when the principal, albedo's mother, appeared on the stage. introducing herself, she then proceeded to make some announcements.

"i have lots of good news to share with you all!" alice exclaimed through the microphone, her energy could be felt across the campus. "majority of our journalists won in the recent dspc!"

the crowd cheered and y/n couldn't understand why she was anticipating to hear the list of the winners when she was supposed to be there too — she was supposed to feel frustrated and envious because she couldn't participate and win but nevertheless she waited until alice finally called each of them.

"first place in the news writing competition: ella inoue!"

ella's smile was bright and captivating. she's the campus crush for sure and now that she won, more people would be admiring her — she's the beauty and brain of (school name) — ella stood proud on the stage, smiling sweetly at alice who returned the favor.