EPILOGUE

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

one year later.

"to present her valedictory speech, we have, miss y/n l/n of 12-A who got an average of 98.78% - with highest honors and the batch's valedictorian!"

my batchmates clapped as i walked towards the stage with my shaky hands. i met eyes with aunt alice and she smiled at me proudly, i couldn't help but to feel at ease.

once i reached the microphone, i glanced at the crowd - at hu tao, venti, lumine, tartaglia - and at my boyfriend, albedo.

they were sitting with proudness visible through their faces, their little smiles were enough to encourage me to finally start my speech.

"for six years that i've been in this school - many things - good and bad have happened to me." i started, hoping that my voice wouldn't shake along the way.

"our journey wasn't an easy one. as someone who lives for academic validation, i made coffee my sleep, my motivation, and my hope to achieve everything that i have now.

i experienced so much disappointment as well as self-doubt, yet i was lucky to have friends who were with me through thick and thin - who made me strong and grateful.

as someone who likes to have the highest grades, having another person to compete with was something i loathed.

my academic rival from middle school who never failed to annoy and to threaten me with his greatness at everything - who is, ironically, now the love of my life - albedo kreidiprinz - i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. i wish to celebrate more milestones with you, love." the crowd erupted with cheers and claps but eventually halted when the teachers told them to stop.

"to my mother, the woman of my life - i aspire to be like you someday. thank you for supporting me at everything, you are my guidepost. thank you for filling me with all the love, knowledge, and kindness the world had yet to witness.

to my father, my childhood dream is happening right now. you may not be here to witness it but i know you're proud of me from above and i will continue to make you proud.

lastly, to my fellow graduates, we did it! this may be the end of our senior high journey but another chapter of life awaits us. in a new beginning, our dreams are waiting to be fulfilled so chase it, do it, and claim it.

once again, my name is y/n l/n, this batch's valedictorian. congratulations to all of us!"

i walked down the stage, tears that i was trying hard to contain earlier finally fell on my cheeks.

"as the principal of monstadt academy, alice kreidiprinz and on behalf of my fellow teachers and with the power from the department of education, i now announce you all graduates of this school year!"

like every teenager's dream, we all threw our graduation cap in unison - with cheers and passion erupting through the complex. i immediately ran towards my mother, giving her the warmest hug i could ever offer.

"thank you, mom." i buried my head on the crook of her neck, "i'll never make it without you."

"i'm so proud of you, love." she smiled at me, gently caressing my hair. "i knew that you'd make it."

i closed my eyes and nodded, "i love you."

"i love you more, sweetie." she pinched my cheeks. "i'll wait for you in the house."

when our parents went home, the group gathered. hu tao was still trying to calm venti down. apparently, the eldest of our group couldn't stop crying! he was the most emotional today.

i hugged lumine, "congratulations."

"congratulations to us, babe! i'm so proud of you!" lumine giggled happily.

then, there was albedo.

i felt my heart soften upon meeting his eyes. his existence was golden like daylight and i couldn't ask for more. he was there to remind me that living is worth it with him.

one year ago, i was fighting with him. i never knew that love would be powerful enough to melt all that hatred down and initially turn it into something pure and passionate - something that really healed my heart and brightened my life.

no one would ever believe that i'm dating my academic rival.

he opened his arms and i walked towards him, hugging him like there's no tomorrow as i felt his warmth hovering over me.

"congratulations," he whispered. "we did it."

i nodded, "we did it."

albedo and i still fight like cat and dog - our relationship wasn't perfect and i never wished for it to be perfect. it was never meant to be perfect to begin with - it was about having someone who will fully and wholeheartedly accept your flaws as well as the whole you.

it was about having someone who can educate yet still understand you in all manners.

it was about having someone who will shower you with all the love and kindness.

it was about having someone you could talk your dream to.

it was about having someone who will be with you at the start and until the very end.

it was all about having albedo in your life.

and with albedo in my life, he made me realize that loving him is a roller coaster kind of rush, it may be wild and crazy sometimes, but he is the only person who could make me feel this much - and that's the way i loved him.