chapter ten

y/n didn't know how it started but she just found herself running away with albedo from thugs she fought with on the streets.

"what did you do?!" albedo asked loudly as they continued to run away.

she huffed, adrenaline kicking in. "later! later, i'll tell you later!"

"shit, y/n! they're catching up to us, you gotta' run faster!"

the wind of the morning breeze hit her face, she couldn't help but to scream with enthusiasm as she pushed herself to run faster and faster. the sun glowed beneath them, the people were looking, the thugs were getting tired, but the both of them weren't — they did not care and would love to run more.

"are they still behind us?!"

"yes! let's turn on that street, left!"

"no – no! i think we should turn right!"

"no! have you gone stupid?! the right side of the street has lots of dead-ends!"

"the hell you mean! i live around this street!"

"just trust me this time!"

she groaned loudly. "no!"

"stop being stubborn, you're gonna get us killed!"

with that, albedo grabbed her hand and turned left with her.

her heartbeat seemed to take a turn because of that — she started sweating and suddenly she wanted to stop and just take a glance or even a picture of their hands intertwined in order to make sure that it was real and happening but albedo didn't seem to know that; of course, he wouldn't! he's not a mind reader!

her lips parted when she spotted the side of his ears turning red or was it really turning red or just a reflection of the sun? she couldn't tell the difference except he's unusually fun to look at these days.

and then, he pulled her into that one dark and smile alley. her back hit the bricked wall and so did his. she opened her mouth, ready to speak and complain but he was faster, he covered her mouth with his hand and looked into her eyes.

"w-what —"

"shhh..." he hushed.

one wrong move and their lips would completely touch once albedo removed his hand.

"shit, we lost them?!"

"look around you dip-shit! it was your fault after all!"

"that woman is a son of a bitch! i swear to god, i'm going to make her kneel and beg for our forgiveness!"